L'appel Du Vide

Start bij het begin

"No" she said before bringing both her hands to the shorter girl's face "This, is what I wanted and what I'll always want: you" . Tilting her head slightly to her left she met Jennie's lips who were already waiting for her.

"I love you"

"The suit you asked for is in your office. To the right" Chaeyoung said as soon as she spotted Jennie making her way to her desk from the elevator. She rolled her chair backwards, readying herself to follow her like she did each morning.

"Thanks" was all the brunette said before going straight to her office and darkening the glass walls. Thank God she had been smart enough to install that system. Even though she had always liked the aesthetic and the idea behind glass doors, she needed her privacy. Especially today.

It wasn't soon before she heard a knock on her door. She already knew who it was.

"Come in, Chaeng"

Chaeyoung appeared from behind the doorway in all her glory. She was wearing a white plaid dress that reached her knees while her hair was tied in a low ponytail. Jennie didn't need to stand up to know that with the heels she was wearing, she would be considerably taller than her.

"Do you need a coffee or anything? You look tired. Even more than usual" Chaeyoung, like Jennie, wasn't one to beat around the bush. Also, they had known each other for far too many years to use pleasantries. She had been Jennie's assistant ever since she had moved to Paris but they knew themselves even back in Seoul. Chaeyoung had been Lisa's friend first, actually.

"Lisa's here" Jennie said with her usual monotonous voice. She was used to let no feelings transpire on the rare occasion they'd talk about Lisa. Chaeyoung had learned not to ask and had avoided bringing any news concerning the brunette girl over the years after getting not so pleasant reactions on the black haired girl's part.

"I know" the blonde said, maintaining her composure.

"And you didn't think to mention it to me?" Jennie didn't sound angry. She felt powerless. And that, to her, was even worse. She could feel the unwanted sensations she had been escaping from for the last two years rapidly making her way back inside her.

"Well, I didn't think she'd reach out to you! Did she?" The younger girl asked incredulous, unaware that Lisa not only had reached out to her but was now laying on Jennie's velvet couch.

"She's at the apartment right now" while saying so, she brought the tip of her middle finger to her forehead, as if saying those words was costing Jennie an enormous effort.

"I can't believe this" Chaeyoung said, unable to hide how the curving of her mouth was betraying her before she asked: "Did you two...?"

"We did not." Jennie said, maintaining her stoic expression. "I need you to deal with her"

"And how am I supposed to do that?" The tall girl was now fidgeting with her hands that were previously on her sides.

"Find whatever she has come to Paris for and send her back at it. Pay her a hotel if that's necessary. I want her gone before tonight"

The thought of opening the door and finding Lisa waiting for her was too much for her. It was a sight she knew she couldn't bear.