"How long are you planning to stay here, my dear?", he asked.

I quietly sighed as I have expected he will ask me this question once my isolation period ends.

"Don't get me wrong, Rosie. I love to have you here with me but you're married. And right now, you're letting your husband to live with your sister..."

"It's for her health, dad. You didn't see her when she was enraged after Jimin told her about me and him. I'm doing this for her. I'll stay here until she gets better.", I cut him off as I stood up.

"But wouldn't you...", dad stopped when the maid knocked on the opened the door and apologized for interrupting us.

"Mr Kang, you told me to inform you when your visitor arrives.", the maid said before she left.

Dad stood up and held my hand, "About time. Come on out."

Park Jimin's POV

I have to admit that I was nervous. I have not met Chaeyoung for a week since we met after she got discharged. I could not sit still as I wait for her at the living room of my father-in-law's house. I wondered what her reaction is when she sees me.

Is she going to hug me dearly for all those nights we lose? Or is she going to get mad because I left her sister alone to see her here? She could be slapping me, that's the worst that could happen.

"Jimin?", the voice of my father-in-law startled me as I turned around to see him and Chaeyoung coming from the stairs.

"Chaeyoung, hey...", I walked up to them and stood there frozen, not knowing exactly if Chaeyoung is alright if I want to touch her.

"I'll leave you two alone. I'll be in the kitchen, okay?", her father said before he left us alone there.

After he is out of our sight, Chaeyoung pulled me into a warm embrace that I missed for weeks.

"I'm sorry, Jimin."

"No, Chae. It's okay."

"No, I really am sorry for ignoring your calls."

"It's fine. Really. As long as you still will hug me like this when I see you, it's fine."

"It's not fine, honey. We're not fine.", she said as we pulled away.

"We are fine.", I tried to tell her as I caressed her watery cheeks.

She shook her head at me, "We can't be fine. Not until Seulgi unnie is getting better."

"I know this whole thing we do, living separately doesn't look fine to you. I was against it too but you told me that's the only way to help her. I let her stay with me as you wanted, Chae. She will get better.", I tried my best to tell her everything is alright.

Again, Chaeyoung shook her head. "She's not improving much. I heard from the nurse. You didn't care for her there, did you?", she replied tp me.

I shook my head at her accusation, "Chae, I did what you told me to. I cared for her there..."

For the third time, she shook her head at me. "You didn't give her the support she needs, Jimin. You let her live there with you, yeah you did. But you forgot to care for her feelings. Mrs Lim told me how you hardly talk with unnie and only does so when unnie started it first. Do you understand what I'm trying to say, Jimin?", she said to me.

I went speechless to it. Guilt came rushing into me.

"The whole thing of me being away from there is so that you can give unnie the support she needs. Be her friend, be her listener, that's what you should do. Tell me, Jimin. Do you do all that for her?", I could not say anything to her.

I no longer see her eyes tearing up now. All I see is just disappointment.

"You didn't, right?", she asked but I could only looked down to the ground instead of answering her. "Now, tell me what unnie is doing. How can you leave her alone at home?", she continued as she crossed her arms while giving me her cold treatment.

"She went back to sleep after breakfast. I've told Mrs Lim to call me if anything comes up.", I answered her before we heard someone clearing their throat somewhere near us.

Both of us turned to the maid coming from the kitchen.

"I'm sorry to disturb but Mr Kang called you two for lunch with him.", she said before Chaeyoung nodded to her.

After the maid went back into the kitchen, Chaeyoung turned to look at me and held my hand.

"You better eat quickly and go back home, Jimin.", she said as she led me to the dining room.

🥀🥀🥀

Let's meet again tomorrow hopefully. Please take care and be safe wherever you are, my dear readers! 😊