Return

Kiken  pov

The next day was absolute chaos the towns folk threw a party for all of us as we left the woods. Both of my siblings had gone with the color dark brown since it was a less detected natural color that still masked their normal appearance. 

"Time to go now." Ryunosuke said while picking me up in his arms and twirling me around a little before placing me on his shoulders and handing Gin a bag that contained little things that the town folk had given us. 

"Bye-bye!" I call to my friends as the three of us begin to walk down the mountain. It would take a full day of travel walking and by the time we were to arrive in inner Yokohama the sun would have set already. 

My two older siblings spoke to each other about random things I didn't understand and their voices made me sleepy eventually drifting off to sleep while sitting on Ryunosuke's shoulders. 

I woke up to the sound of cars passing and honking at each other in argument. My eyes flutter open and I find myself in a place I hadn't been in for a while now, Yokohama. My sister was the one carrying me now and Ryunosuke was guiding her somewhere. I pat Gin's head a bit to get her attention. She turned her head a bit and made an, 'hmm' noise.

"Where are we going?" I ask her sleep still clear in my voice. 

"We're headed to Dazai's place, Apparently your brother kinda stalked him and knows where he lives....." Gin said the last part in a softer voice. I giggle a little at my older sisters words. 

Dazai pov

I was sitting on the couch reading a book, this book wasn't the suicide book that I loved but it still was a good book, it was the book that Odasaku had liked. I turn the page intrigued by the characters when all of a sudden there was rapid knockings on the door. I rise from the couch putting the book down praying that it wasn't Kunikida ready to inform me of the five reports I hadn't started.

 I open the door and see three people only one that I recognized but the moment I saw the little girl I knew who the other two had to be. The Akutagawa family. My eyes widen, they were alive, they were alive.

"Come inside." were the only words that seemed to be able to leave my mouth at the moment. They entered and I guided them to sit on the couch after moving my book and placing it on the kitchen counter. The two older siblings sat in silence not speaking a word while Kiken got out of Gin's arms and walked over to me. 

"Hello." she smiled up at me and I kneeled down to her level. She touched my hair and ruffled it a bit.

"Why hello there Kiken." I say to the little girl. She smiled at me and then out of no where leaned in and hugged me. As she did that Ryunosuke spoke,

"Hey, Dazai-san. We don't have a place to stay and I only want the best for Gin and Kiken. Is it possible for us to stay here until we can get proper jobs?" he asked. I look up at him and smile.

"Of course just as long as you don't end up working at McDonalds for the rest of your life."