Chapter 12: Fortune

Start from the beginning

"I see, you've saw it." Chaeyoung said and Mina quickly turned her head facing Chaeyoung after hearing the latter's voice.

"That's my mother, the queen.. that's how she looks like.. father and nanny said i resemble my mother most." Chaeyoung said and chuckled as she walk towards Mina who's still looking at her.

"She's beautiful my lady.. just like you." Mina's sweet words captivate Chaeyoung as she stopped from walking towards Mina

'As far as i remember, the woman said it's inside the palace's sacred garden. It's one of it's kind, makes it even more impossible to get. She also added that whoever takes it will surely have an awaiting punishment.'

Mina did this not because she likes the princess, it's all because of her intentions on making the girl fall for her. It's hilarious how she thought that this will work, but there's no other way.

She has to have that flower as soon as possible or else her mother.. her mother might meet the end.

'I'm on it, just please Momo.. promise me to take care of her."

'I will, you should be the one who should be careful. Don't let them catch you.'

"M-my lady?" Mina asked as she noticed that the princess had stopped walking and just staring at her blankly.

"It's just no one said that to me before... Beautiful." Chaeyoung repeats the certain word. She can't help but to smile.

Mina thought that her plan is working well, the princess liked it and that's a good start.. or is it?

"No one have said that to you? Are they blind? You are beautiful, more than that actually.. you are one of a kind." Mina said but that just flipped the girl's smile upside down.

That's when it hit her.

"No! No.. it's not what you think my lady." Mina said as she noticed how quick Chaeyoung's expression changed.

"One of a kind.. different, I'm different." Chaeyoung uttered that made Mina walk towards her and grabbed her shoulders and hold it to make her focus on her.

Mina had this urge that Chaeyoung should understand.

"My lady.. listen, you are pretty, yes. You are one of a kind but that what made you even more perfect, no one in the world has the same features as you do." Mina showered her with complement, hoping that this would help the latter.

"I-i uhh.. let's go." Chaeyoung said as she grabbed Mina's arm, seemingly avoiding the latter.

Then they went outside the room and went to the garden.

"See these? These are my favorite flowers in the palace.." Chaeyoung said as she hold on to one of the flowers petals, she caressed it and lowered her head to finally smell the scent of it.

"What are those my lady?" Mina asked, Mina has no knowledge about flowers whatsoever, flowers rarely grow outside the palace, so she doesn't know that much and besides she hasn't finish studying to learn those informations.

"These are white musks, the purest flower I've seen. Its white petals are so attractive and the scent it gives can make you mesmerized." Chaeyoung said as she leaned closer to the flower and closed her eyes sniffing the petals.

"I see.." Mina said as she tried smelling one of the flowers.

"It does smell good" Mina said as she continued to smell the sweet yet comforting fragrance of the white musk.

"I told you, but don't ever pick their flowers." Chaeyoung said and Mina immidietly stepped back from the flowers even though it's really inviting her to smell them all day.

"I-i won't my lady.." Mina said and lowered her head, the princess laughed at the sight and was just kidding around but Mina took it very seriously.

"Don't pick them because they're my favorite, they're only mine." Chaeyoung said and giggled, as when Mina noticed it she knew that the princess is just playing jokes on her and she let out a soft chuckle.

"Anyways.. have you eaten?" Chaeyoung asked and Mina just shook her head as she hasn't eaten anything yet.

"Let's eat then, tell nanny to prepare food for the two of us." Chaeyoung ordered, and Mina followed it immediately.

She left the princess at the garden and went to her nanny and asked her what the princess wants.

"You and the princess is really getting along well.. I've never seen anyone the lady treated like this" Mrs. Kim said as she put the final bowl of food on Mina's wooden tray that she's carrying.

"What do you mean?" Mina asked furrowing her eye brows.

"Chaeyoung.. always eats with her father. Only. And when he's not present she eats by herself, she doesn't want anyone to eat with her unless..." Nanny stated but cut her own words that made Mina questioned.

"Unless what Mrs. Kim?" Mina asked and nanny just smiled.

"I know you'll know the answer one day Minho." nanny said and left her dumbfounded.

Mina shrugged the thought off and just proceeds to take the food with her and bring it to the princess for the two of them to share.

"My lady.." Mina called the girl who's still admiring the flowers.

"The food is here, let's eat before it gets cold." Mina stated that made the latter look behind her shoulder.

Chaeyoung smiled at Mina and mina felt something that have awakened by that simple smile she just received. The butterflies inside her starting to act up all crazy, just because of that smile.

"Right, I'm coming." Chaeyoung said and walked towards Mina who's sitting already and just waiting for the princess to arrive.

"Looks delicious.." Chaeyoung said as she travelled her eyes around the table filled with mouth watering dishes.

"Eat up." Chaeyoung ordered or more like asked mina to eat, Mina nodded as a response and start eating her food.

"This is indeed delicious" Chaeyoung uttered as her mouth filled with food.

"It is my lady, you're so lucky." Mina suddenly said that made the princess head's tilt.

"What do you mean lucky?" Chaeyoung asked and mina looked at her.

"You're lucky because.. you have enough food and actually more than enough. You don't get to worry where to get one and it's delicious too." Mina stated and went back to eating.

"So you thought I'm lucky just because of that? Are you not aware that you are luckier than i am?" Chaeyoung said and Mina looked up again at the princess, she thought that the princess is kidding again but no she's not, she's dead serious by just the look of her face.

"Me? Lucky? Why my lady? In what way I'm luckier than you? You have everything." Mina said and waited for the latter's response.

"You're lucky because you can pass the boarders and live your life on how you want to." Chaeyoung replied that stunned Mina, she doesn't know that the princess is considering herself not lucky just because she can't pass the boarders.

"So it's because of that.. i do can live my life as i wanted but i don't have the fortune to. Unlike you, you're rich." Mina said and Chaeyoung just laughed as if it's a joke to her.

"What can i do with fortune if i can't live my life? It's like I'm trapped inside a bird's cage and only my owner could set me free, but that won't happen." Chaeyoung replied.

"But i do consider you lucky, my lady.. you just don't see it yet, but you are very lucky." Mina said and smiled at the princess to let the pain inside her be hidden.

Mina knows how lucky the princess is.. to have the flower of dawn in her territory is enough to call her lucky, if only she has it. She could just give it to her mother and eventually get healed.