TenKage - Little Monsters

Start from the beginning

The setter headed to the back row as it was his time to serve again. He raised the ball to eye-level and saw the middle blocker staring at him from over the surface. He took a deep breath in and out before making another killer serve, this time making a cross shot and causing Shiratorizawa's starting structure to crumble, giving Karasuno an advantage.

As Kageyama ran across the court, he could feel a heavy gaze on him trying to put him off, but he was used to stares at this point and didn't make it bother him, causing another intrigued gaze...

Second set, and both teams seemed to notice there was some sort of tensions going on between Kageyama and Tendou, a competition of sorts. Karasuno were motivated by this, and pushed themselves harder so Kageyama could play his best game, and Shiratorizawa was surprised Tendou found someone he could see as an equal.

"Keep on breaking them." the middle blocker sang as he made an excellent block against Daichi's spike, following the ball as the setter dug it up.

"What, you say?" Kageyama sang back quietly, so it was barely audible but to the red-head who was staring at him.

"Their hearts." Tendou teased.

"Keep on shattering them." agreed the setter.

"Their spirits." Tendou sang with a grin, as he watched the first year make an excellent set before running to the other side of the court...

Two sets had ended, both going well over the 25 match point. At last, it was one set to each team and both were tired. Since it wasn't an official match they decided not to do a third match, but instead to call it a day and cool down before getting some food to eat.

As the game was announced finished, they split off the court and began to stretch, easing their aching muscles from the intense matches. Hinata wanted to ask Kageyama about his spiking but was taken by surprise to find him speaking to the crazy middle blocker from Shiratorizawa. This was shocking for several reasons: 1) Kageyama was terrible when talking to people, especially people he just met; 2)the red-head seemed like a complete opposite to Kageyama; 3)nobody else was mixing with the other team.

"Are they staring?" Kageyama asked quietly as he had his back to his team.

"Yeah they are! Hello!" Tendou shouted and waved over to the Karasuno team, who's eyes all widened at the middle blocker noticing their looks.

"Stop." the setter mumbled, turning red as he could feel his team's gazes.

"Okay okay, no shattering of hearts today." Tendou resigned as he leaned back against the wall and put his hands behind his head.

"That's a funny song. It's creepy, but funny."

"Why thankyou. I made it myself."

"Hm."

"You picked it up pretty quickly, that's how you scored that setter dump."

"Are you saying I wouldn't have scored if I didn't?" the setter asked, looking up at the red-head with a unimpressed look.

"No! No. It just helped."

"So the monster does has a heart?" he asked, raising a brow at Tendou's wide eyes.

"It seems you do too. Despite all that brooding."

"... Maybe. How did you get the nickname Guess Monster anyways?"

"It's not the greatest story." Tendou said looking down.

"I'm listening."

Tendou looked up and saw sincerity in Kageyama's eyes; so, he began his long tale of his childhood. As he spoke Kageyama could relate to some of the things he had went through and so told him about his experiences with the King of the Court nickname.