Ice Skating

"Wah! I'm so excited!" Hinata exclaimed as he bounced up and down.

The Karasuno volleyball team had decided to have an outing together; they decided they would head to Tokyo and go ice staking to get into the Christmas spirit. They invited all the teams they knew and several players from each team said they would come. Most were from from Nekoma and Fukurodani since they were based closest.

So now it was Saturday morning and the team had just gotten off the train at a not so sunny 6am. They figured the earlier they got to Tokyo the emptier the ice rink would be. They wanted to be there first when it opened at 7am.

When they had gotten off the train they spent a quick ten minutes for a toilet and snack break before they headed into the city; they followed the map on Suga's phone and found themselves wandering through skyscrapers and small towns, cafes and shops.

One or two times one of the boys questioned if they were lost but the vice-captain was sure they were on the right track. It was just another left here and...

"Hey, you made it!"

They saw Kuroo waving to them from in front of a large fitness centre; the surrounding buildings were all taller and greater so you wouldn't see it until you were standing in front of it. Suga smiled- proud of himself for guiding the team to the right place- and everyone went over to the others waiting. There were players from Seijoh, Nekoma, Fukurodani, Johzenji, Shiratorizawa, and Inarizaki, amongst others they had met along the way.

"Hey! Is it open yet?" Daichi asked as he shook hands with Kuroo.

"We're freezing!" Noya complained, hiding in his giant coat.

"It opens in ten minutes." stated Akaashi as he came over to greet everyone.

They all hovered around the doors, waiting for the building to open. Fortunately there was already someone at the desk inside and when he saw the waiting group of people he  came over and opened the doors. The male was about middle age and had a welcoming smile on his face.

"Ice skating?" he asked, seeing all of their excited faces.

"Yep!" Bokuto replied with a big grin.

"I thought so. Let's get you all your skates and you can go in when the rink opens."

"Thankyou!" they all chorused with bows.

Everyone received a pair of skates based on their shoe size and followed the receptionist's instructions on how to lace them up.

"The number one rule is that you lace up your own skates. Each skater has an individual foot and preference so only they know how to tie their shoes." 

Daichi collected everyone's money and headed over to the desk to pay for the morning fees. Then, just as the clock struck 7am, they all crowded around the double doors whilst the receptionist opened the doors.

"Be careful and enjoy. It's the door at the end."

"Thankyou!"

As they headed down the small corridor, the faint sound of music greeted their ears.

"I thought we were here first?" asked Hinata.

"I wonder what's going on." mused Daichi as he headed to the front of the group and opened the door.

Suddenly in front of them was a large domed arena with a giant ice rink at its heart. Spectator seats lined the perimeter of the arena and climbed the walls to allow hundreds of eager eyes to enjoy and scrutinise. The lights above were a strong and piercing white, making the ice on the rink sparkle.