The Show Must Go On

I walked into the kitchen to see a group of several members gathered there. I didn't know what's up so I got closer. Banri noticed me and quickly ushered me over. 

"What's going on?" 

Kazunari jumped in before anyone could speak up, his eyes glimmered with enthusiasm and curiosity. "I'm not sure if you've heard about this but there's a rumor going on. "

"About what?" I asked again, still confused.

"I'm not sure if this is true but I heard that after what happened with you and Tsumugi, Sakyo is actually arranging an assistant for you. " Taichi whispered to me loudly. 

"What? But why? Me and Tsumugi are doing fine, there's nothing to worry about. " I responded with full confidence but Kazunari quickly shook his head. 

" It's not just that. After the conversation I overheard with Sakyo and Matsukawa, I don't think they trust you that well in terms of being professional. They think that you're getting distracted by relationships now so they decided to hire an assistant and pay them wisely. "

I felt my blood boil at those words and tried not to snap. " Not professional? Who was the one that single-handedly raised Mankai to be successful? I have already explained that me and Tsumugi will try to draw a line between our personal lives and work but this has nothing to do with me not being professional, I am trying to maintain order by breaking up with him. "

Omi sighed heavily. "We know that too and we've talked to him about it but he was adamant. You know Sakyo is always tight when it comes to budget but we still don't get why's he willing to hire an assistant when it's not even necessary. " 

"He hasn't told us much after their meeting, though. " Muku timidly added. 

I stared at the coffee maker, frowning madly. "Why did he not talk to me about this? Shouldn't I be part of the meeting too? He knows that I'm the director but why am I excluded? I don't understand. "

There was a long pause before Muku said worriedly, "I'm sure he has his reasons, maybe he just wants us to improve a little and have actual professionals watch over us, wouldn't that be something?" 

I sighed, trying to calm down a little as I spoke to the poor boy. "I know, but I just hoped that he had come to me first about this matter. I'm not mad about it but let's just see if this rumor is true or not. "

Kazunari nodded in agreement. "Wise words as always!" 

Just then, Tsumugi appeared and joined us with a warm smile. "Hey guys, what's the commotion?" 

Banri clapped him hard in the back. "Nothing much, where were you? How's morning practice?" 

He shrugged. "Doing great, just in time for breakfast. " The Winter troupe poured out from the hallway into the kitchen and they began to forage around for food, starving. I chuckled at the sight of them like hungry little kids, me and Omi then bustling around to prepare food as we explained everything to them. 

~

After breakfast, me and Tsumugi met at the second floor balcony in private. It had been so long since we had some time together so it was somehow awkward between us again. Despite looking casual, he still looks charming as always. As I opened the door, I saw him at the front, dressed in a dark blue hoodie and comfortable jeans. I took a  deep breath and sighed, feeling more confident to meet him now. 

"It's been a while, huh?" He spoke up as I approached and stood beside him. 

A smile formed on my lips. "Yeah, it's all thanks to you and everyone here, Mankai wouldn't have made it without all your efforts. "