Amanda, Al, Emma and Matt

"Emma! What's up cousin?" Amanda greeted as she walked towards her cousin. School had just finished and Emma and Amanda were just leaving school. Emma was walking out of her class when her loud American cousin had called her name.

"Hey Amanda," Emma greeted with a small voice. "I'm doing good, eh?"

"That's cool," Amanda stated. "But man do I have a ton of homework."

"You do?"

"Yeah. I've got homework in math, science, language arts..."

Emma tuned her cousin out after that. She didn't want to ignore Amanda, it's just that Amanda would go on like this for a while and wouldn't stop. Besides, Emma had her own homework to worry about. She needed to do a social studies project and she needed to figure out what to do for it.

Just as Emma was in thought, a car pulled up to the car. The windows were tinted so Emma couldn't see who was inside. When the window rolled down, Emma gasped a little when she saw her Father in the passenger seat with a pair of shades on instead of his normal glasses. Then she looked over and saw "America" in the driver's seat with shades on as well.

"Hi Pa, Hi Uncle America," Emma greeted softly.

"Hey there kid," "Canada" greeted back with a louder voice than he usually had. "You getting in or what?"

Something inside of Emma was saying don't go with him. Why does it feel like I shouldn't go near Pa? Emma thought.

Her thoughts were interrupted when Amanda ran towards the car and hopped inside. Emma decided to follow her cousin since she didn't seem too worried. As they buckled in, Amanda was blabbing to her Dad. "Dad guess what?" Amanda asked.

"What is it doll?" Al questioned.

"My teacher wants our parents to come to school next week so I need you to come to talk to my class. You probably should just say you work for the government or something."

"Yeah, yeah I'll do that for ya."

Amanda smiled. "Sweet! Thanks Dad."

"No problem doll."

As Amanda continued to babble on, Emma looked at the rearview mirror. She was trying to figure out what was going on with her Dad. She knew that he was different but she wasn't sure how. It was as if a voice in her head was saying, "That is not Pa!"

Matt noticed Emma looking and decided to look back at Emma. "Something wrong Em?" Matt asked.

"Uh no Pa, I'm fine," Emma replied as shs eshook her head.

"Well just tell me if something's up, eh?"

"Okay Pa."

"Aww man," Amanda sighed after rummaging through her bag.

"What's wrong Amanda?"

"I left my math textbook in my locker. Dad, we gotta go back and get it."

Emma looked into Amanda's bag and saw her math textbook in her bag. Why would Amanda lie about needing to get her textbook? Emma questioned.

Al grunted, irritated that he had to turn around. "Fine, hold on." Doing a quick u-turn, Al drove back to the school and parked the car in front of the school. "You'd better be out in five minutes kid or you're walking home."

"Okay Dad. Oh Emma, I need you to come with me."

Emma raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Why do I need to come with you Amanda?"

"Uh,I just remembered that I left my book in your locker so I need you to open your locker."

Before Emma could ask anymore questions, Amanda grabbed her by the hand and dragged her into the school that was still unlocked because of the teachers that were still there. "Amanda, what's going on?"

"Come on, we gotta go."

Amanda then ran towards the backway entrance to the school with Emma jogging behind.

"Once we get outside, we should head towards the woods."

"Woods?" Emma skidded to a stop. "Amanda what's going on here? Why did you lie about needing your textbook?"

".....You know that that's not Dad and Uncle Canada right?"

"...I felt like my gut was telling me something was wrong."

"I saw Dad's eyes; they were red, not blue." Amanda turned to look at her cousin. "I don't know what's going on but I know that it's bad. We gotta go find help."

Emma nodded, agreeing with her cousin. They made their way towards the back of the school and ran out the door and towards the woods. "We're almost there Emma," Amanda turned back to look at her cousin. "We just gotta keep going."

Just then, Amanda ran right into something, causing her to fall on her butt and Emma to skid to a halt. Amanda looked up to see she had run into her "Dad's" leg. "Canada" stood right next to him.

"You find that textbook Amanda?" Al asked with a smirk.

Amanda gulped as she tried to back away. However, she was grabbed by the collar of her shirt and lifted off the ground by Al.

"You almost had us there for a minute kid, almost,"

Amanda tried to struggle out of Al's grip but to no avail. "Emma, don't just stand there, run!" Amanda yelled.

Emma quickly tried running the other direction but was blocked off by a huge polar bear. She tried to run from the bear but the bear grabbed Emma, using its mouth, by the back of her shirt, growling the entire time. Emma got so scared that she began to cry.

"Leave my cousin alone you stupid bear! She hasn't done anything to you!"

"Shut it kid!" Al shouted. "Now we're going for little ride, got it?"

Amanda growled in anger to try and hide the fear that was boiling up inside of her. Think Amanda, how would people normally get out of situations like this?! That's when Amanda looked back at her cousin that was being held by the big bear. She looked down at her feet and noticed her left shoe was loose on her foot. Well, what have I got to lose? Amanda swung her left foot back and forth until her shoe flew off her foot and went over her head.

Al and Matt couldn't help but laugh. "Kid, hate to tell you but your aim was a little off," Matt said.

"I wasn't aiming for you guys," The shoe soon went down due to gravity and landed on the polar bear's head, making the bear drop Emma. Using the opportunity, Amanda then bit Al's hand, causing him to let go of her go so he could look at his hand.

"Oww! She bit me!" Al yelled out of frustration.

Matt laughed at his brother. "That's just pathetic man," Matt laughed. "You screamed like a girl."

Amanda used the opportunity to run over to Emma and help her up. "Come on Em, we gotta go," Amanda said as she helped her cousin off of the ground. Emma nodded as she ran towards the woods.

"Get back here you little pests!" Al yelled as he and Matt chased after the girls.

The girls ran as fast as they could, trying to find a place to hide from the two pressures. That's when Emma saw a large bush to hide in. "Quick, over here." Emma draggded Amanda towards the bush just as Al and Matt came to a stop right in front of the bush.

Both girls were silent as they listened to Al complain. "Dang it, they got away," Al huffed. "They got away."

"The boss isn't going to be too happy with us," Matt stated. "Let's look over there."

When the girls were sure that the men were gone, they both let out a sigh of relief. "That was close," Amanda said.

"You can say that again," Emma sighed. "Who were those guys?"

"I don't know, but they sure weren't our Dads."

"What do we do now?"

"We gotta go find help."

"But who do we go to for help?"

"I don't know."