Frenemies to Lovers

Clay's POV

I wanted to die thinking about what I did to George. I feel so bad, but of course I deserve to feel that way, and I deserve the way he's acting towards me, too.
Yesterday was horrid. I could tell how mad he was. I saw his eyes filled with tears yesterday in class. I don't know what else to do at this point. I've said sorry, and he didn't except it, from what I understood.
I know this is just a boy, but I think I'm in love with him. Even though I've only talked to him a couple of times. I need to just keep my distance for now, and maybe someone will give me his number, so I can say sorry again.

The next morning at school

Yikes. We have a group project in First hour. I swear if George is one of my partners- We sit and wait for what feels like ages for the teacher to tell us our partners. He finally is done arranging, and stands up.

"Alex, George, and Clay, you are one group."

The teachers voice trails off as my thoughts start to fill my head. Oh my god. What are the odds. How does this even happen? I bet George isn't too happy about this either. I look back for a split second and his thumb and middle finger are pressed against the bridge of his nose. He's definetly mad.
I hate this because George hates it. I want to be around George, but if he's not happy with it, I'm not either. But, Alex is in this group. He's a pretty chill guy, were not super close, but we're definetly friends. Maybe he will help brighten the situation at least a little bit.
We have to sit with our groups.. I go up to Alex first to tell him what's going on, so he isn't confused.

"Hey man, what's up?" Alex exclaims.

"Nothing much, I'm glad you're in my group. Anyways, I need to tell you, the other guy in our group, George, well.. he kinda hates me right now. Just thought I'd let you know so you weren't confused."

"Oh alright, no problem. I'll try to make this group as good as I can. You know I'm funny as shit and I'm already awesome, so. I'm just kidding. Partially. Haha."

"Yes, Alex. You are funny. You can brighten up the darkest of situations."

"Thanks, bro."

"No problem. Let's meet up with George now."

"Let me do the talking señor." Alex says.

Oh Lord.

"Heyy wassup man?" He says to George in a weird accent. (He does this a lot to be funny.)

George chuckled. "Nothing much, what about you?"

"Nothin much mann just here to make this group ten times betterrr."

George laughed. "I think we're gonna be good friends."

George then took a glance at me, and his expression changed from smiling, to mad, remembering that I'm in his group, too.

"Well I guess I'm gonna have to make up with you if we're gonna be in the same group."

I didn't respond, I just gave a small smile. I didn't know what to say; I was afraid I would say something George didn't like, and mess up again. This is my chance to get George's number. I remember.

"Hey, can I have both of your numbers so I can contact you about the project? Maybe we could meet up sometimes during the weekend and work on it.. we don't have that much time to finish it."

"Suree mann." Alex says in his funny accent.

"Oh, yeah I guess." George replies.

We proceed to take turns exchanging numbers, and when we were done, the teacher shouted that we only had a couple minutes left. We decide to just talk for the rest of the time. We laugh, and I start to get comfortable around George again. I'm glad we were able to be in the same group.
Once I get home, I immediately text George.

George:)

Hey George:)

I wait a couple minutes, assuming he was eating, or in the shower.

Hey

What's up?

Nothing much,
just thinking about what
we're gonna do for the
project.

Same, but anyways.. I wanted to say sorry again for what I said and what my friend said the other day. I noticed that it affected you pretty bad, and I feel horrible. That's not who I am, and I've figured that out.

By the way, Alex is a friend of mine, but he is not like Nick or Karl. Alex is just a nice and funny guy.

He left me on seen for a bit, I guess he was thinking of what to respond.

It's not a big deal.
Thanks for genuinely
being sorry.
At first, I didn't
believe that you were
actually sorry.

Of course, I'm not THAT big of a dick, lol.

I also have something to tell you..

Oh Lord, I'm scared now lol

I uhm.. I like you..

George's POV

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? The thought basically screamed in my head. He likes me. WHAT? If anything, I thought I would be the one saying I like him first.

Clay

I-

I like you too..

WAIT REALLY?

Yeah:)

So.. wanna like, get together?

His question floats around in my head and I feel myself get all happy inside.

Omg yes-

Cool:))

I tell him that I have to go take a shower, and that I would text him later. Today has been one of the best days of my life.