𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚜𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚢-𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 - 𝚜𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚏𝚞𝚕

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Yeah, I'll come." Daryl said.

"Good, I got a list from Denise for medicine too." Rick said. Denise was one of the doctors in Alexandria.

"Hey, can I come?" Madelyn asked.

"Daryl?" Rick asked.

"No, you're five months pregnant. It's too dangerous out there." Daryl said.

"Please, D. I haven't stepped out of these walls in five months. I feel confined. I need to get out there at least once. I don't even have to look around with you. I'll stay in the car the whole time but please, let me come with you." Madelyn said.

"Maddie..." Daryl said.

"I can still shoot. Plus, I feel like I'm getting lazy just hanging around here. Please." Madelyn pouted. Daryl sighed and nodded.

"Fine, you can come but you're not stepping a foot out of the car." Daryl said.

"I won't." Madelyn grinned.

🧟‍♀️ 🧟🧟‍♀️ 🧟

Everyone was getting ready to go and Daryl was looking at Denise's list as she approached them. "Hey, this thing at the bottom right here. You're talking about the drink, right?" Daryl asked.

"I am, but..." Denise said.

"It's not medical." Daryl said.

"No, I drew a line between the important stuff and that." Denise said. "I just figured if you saw it."

"All right." Daryl said.

"Anything remotely medical is a priority." Denise said. "And food, maybe even food before medicine and gas or batteries or books for the kids or clothes is just...if you see it, if it happens to, you know, be right there."

Madelyn let out a small laugh, seeing how awkward Denise felt. "You like it, right?" Daryl asked.

"No, I don't drink pop." Denise said.

"What the hell's pop?" Daryl asked.

"Oh, I'm originally from Ohio." Denise said.

"Why do you want it?" Daryl asked.

"Tara was talking about it in her sleep, I think. Either, she likes it or she doesn't but if she likes it, it'd be a really nice surprise." Denise said.

"Aww, you're with Tara? That's adorable." Madelyn smiled.

Denise blushed. "Well, I'm not good with that kind of stuff and she and Heath are going on that two week run. I just thought it would be a nice going-away present. Just, uh, don't go out of your way. And if it gives you any trouble.."

"I won't." Daryl said.

"Okay, good, because it's not that important. I just-"

"Hey, we'll keep a look out." Madelyn said, making Denise sigh and smile before nodding. "Ain't that adorable?" Madelyn asked Daryl once Denise was gone.

"If you think so." Daryl shrugged. "Come on, Rick is probably waiting for us."

🧟‍♀️ 🧟🧟‍♀️ 🧟

After getting in the car, the three were off. Rick was driving, Daryl sat in the passenger seat and Madelyn sat at the back with her legs up. She had the space so, why not? "Today's the day. We're gonna find food, maybe some people." Rick said as he drove. "The law of averages has gotta catch up."

"I don't know. We ain't seen nobody for weeks." Daryl said as Madelyn looked out of the window. It felt nice leaving Alexandria even for a little while. She felt like she was so used to the world looking like shit, staying within a clean, tidy and pretty community felt different. "Maybe we ain't gonna find nobody. Maybe that's a good thing."

"You never know, D." Madelyn said.

"Like Rick said, we're running low on food. Picking people up means feeding them." Daryl said.

Rick sighed and started fiddling with the CD player, making Daryl look over. "Don't." He said. "Yeah, do it, Rick." Madelyn chuckled, making Rick smirk and put a CD in to play.

"Don't. Please, don't." Daryl complained.

"Don't be such a Grinch, D." Madelyn teased.

"Yeah, lighten up, man." Rick said as the CD began playing.

Give me the downbeat, maestro.

Rick began clicking his fingers to the music as Daryl groaned loudly, giving Rick a dirty. Madelyn just laughed. Rick decided to piss Daryl off and turn up the volume. "Draws them away from home!" Rick yelled above the music. Daryl continued giving Rick a dirty look as he drove and Madelyn laughed.

"See, Rick is just smart and tactful." Madelyn said, making Daryl roll his eyes.

" Madelyn said, making Daryl roll his eyes