𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 - 𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚎𝚝 𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚠𝚎𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚖𝚊𝚗

𝙴𝙿𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙴 𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃 - 𝙷𝙴 𝙼𝙴𝚃 𝙰𝙽 𝙰𝚆𝙴𝚂𝙾𝙼𝙴 𝚆𝙾𝙼𝙰𝙽

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝙳𝚊𝚢

After spending the night in the cabin, the newly engaged couple were off once again. Madelyn still couldn't believe that Daryl had proposed. She couldn't stop staring at the ring. It truly was beautiful. Daryl couldn't believe Madelyn had said yes. He would have been crushed if she said no but Daryl knew Madelyn was the one he wanted to be with for the rest of his life. He wanted to go through everything with her by his side.

After walking some more, the two made it to a small church house where there were some graves in front. Madelyn sighed as she looked at them. "I wish I was able to bury everyone properly. My mom, my dad, my brother, Landon, LJ." She said.

Daryl sighed. The death of her family was clearly still heavy in Madelyn's heart. He wrapped his arm around her shoulders. "Maybe someone else out there would be kind enough to do so." Daryl said.

"That's a big maybe." Madelyn said as the two made their way to the church house. It had been a day since they had last eaten and they were both pretty hungry. Finding some food was the top priority. When they went inside, they went straight into the kitchen and began looking through the cabinets.

"Look at this." Daryl said as he looked at one of the cabinets, revealing a bunch of tinned food, some water and even cola.

"Cola!" Madelyn squealed in excitement. It had been a long time since she had had some of that.

"Peanut better and jelly, diet cola, and pig's feet." Daryl said. "That's some white trash bunch right there."

"It's good enough for me." Madelyn said as she looked at the cans.

"Hold up. There ain't a speck of dust on this. That means somebody just put it here." Daryl said. "This is someone's stash. Maybe they're still alive."

"So, we should leave all this?" Madelyn asked.

"Nah, we'll take some of it, and we'll leave the rest." Daryl said.

"Wow, what happened to the Daryl Dixon I met at the camp?" Madelyn teased.

"He met an awesome woman." Daryl said, making her blush a little as he dug his fingers into the jar of jelly and began eating it.

"He's still gross though." Madelyn chuckled as she grabbed some food and a bottle of diet cola.

"Those pig's feet are mine." Daryl said.

"Yeah, I had no intention of touching that." Madelyn said. After filling their guts with food, Daryl made a small alarm system to alert them if anyone was coming. Meanwhile, Madelyn was inside, looking at a piano. "Let's see if I still remember." She muttered before playing a few notes.