ReViEw•GuIdE

This chapter is created for those who haven't been in a bookclub before or those who don't know how to review a book properly.

Below are the things you are to talk about in your partner's book and the book of the week.

★ Cover: Talk about the cover of the book. Talk about how appealing it is to you or how it turns you off. Remember if your opinion of the cover is negative, talk about it in the most gentle manner you can.

★ Title: Let the author know how the title correlates with the book or how you think she needs to come up with something better. Remember being polite doesn't cost you a penny.

★ Blurb: Discuss the blurb and let them know which aspects need to be edited and which line needs to go. Tell them if the blurb is giving away too much or it isn't captivating enough.

★ Storyline: You can only talk about this if you truly read the book. Let them know what they need to do to their book to let them leave the cliche street. If you feel like the storyline is too common, tell them about what to do to make it unique, giving them a few advices actually helps a lot.

★ Grammar and Punctuations: Majority of the authors make mistakes regarding this aspect and if you are actually a pro in this department then it's a bonus for your partner. Tell them nicely how they can improve.

★ Description: If you can't find yourself in the story and you can't feel the story flow, let them know. It's your duty as their partner to help them get better. You can help out in your own little way too.

★ Character Development: If you can't imagine their characters in your head, please let them know. If you feel like the characters aren't properly developed, please talk to them about it. Remember a good character keeps the reader glued to the book.

★ Overall impression of the book: Talk about the part that got you most and tell them what part you think needs to be worked on. Tell them what you think of their story politely without hurting their feelings. Let them know how to improve their work. You know you can't just point out the problems without adding the solution.

We hope you really find this helpful ❤️

This guide is brought to you by FikkieAdeniyi

Thank you for choosing WBC 🍾🍾🍾