Chapter Twenty Five: Attraction

Start from the beginning

“You can’t spe--”

He began again but I interrupted him, “Just walk quietly. Don’t ask anything. I don’t want to create a scene here.”

“You’re already creating one.” he pointed out.

“Thanks for letting me know.”

Now we were walking along the corridors & I hadn’t yet loosened my grip around his wrist.

“Where are you planning to take me??” he asked me in exasperation.

It was then I realized that I hadn’t thought of where to take him. I wanted a place where his “admirers” won’t be there to disturb us so that I can clear things out with him. Right then, the janitor’s closet came into my view like God’s answer to my requirements,

I quickened my pace towards the closet, dragging him along as well. I pulled him inside the empty closet, shutting the door behind me.

“What do I make out of all this?” he smirked, crossing his arms.

“I called & texted you so many times!!! Why didn’t you revert back??? Do you even know how miserable I was cause you weren’t responding!!At least you could have replied to one message but you didn’t!!” I blurted out in frustration.

“I didn’t want to. Simple.” he shrugged, leaning against the wall, ”Besides, I didn’t know I was so important to you.”

I took a deep breath, deciding to ignore his remark,”Look, I’m really sorry for whatever I said that day. It was very wrong of me. Please don’t mind anything. And thank you so much for retrieving my project.” I spoke genuinely, “Having said that, I feel that you should have tried telling me that you didn’t tamper with my laptop but you rather chose to make me believe you were the culprit.”

He gave a humorless chuckle, “Are you apologizing to me or accusing me?”

“Actually, both.”

“In that case, you can’t mean two things at a time. Decide whether you want to apologize or accuse.”

Drake straightened himself & began reaching for the door. I sprinted ahead of him & had my back against the door, blocking his way out.

“I choose to apologize. I ‘m really sorry.” I said, looking in his eyes.

A mischievous smile began creeping from the edges of his lips as he leaned closer & closer towards me resting his hand against the door for support. My lips shivered feeling his warm breaths grazing the skin of my face. When I stared at his sea blue eyes, my stomach tickled...

“Apology accepted.” he whispered in his baritone husky voice, “I didn’t say anything when you blamed me that day cause its fun to trouble you.”

My lips parted in an O in shock. I frowned at him.

Drake chuckled, “But unfortunately, that wasn’t the main reason why I kept quiet. You wouldn’t have believed me anyway even if I tried to make my stand clear cause you were very disheartened & angry which is quite natural for anyone who would be in your place.”

“So...all is well between us?” I inquired.

Drake stepped back from me with an amusing smile, “When was all ever well between us? But yes, in this matter, all’s well between us.”

“Why did you help me? Because I am Mark’s sister, that’s why?” I asked.

“You can count that as a reason but not necessary for that to be my only reason.” he said cryptically.