9.

I hope you like the pic up there ⬆️, I made it myself!!!!! It's actually my only pic so far (apart from the cover) that I made (I didnt make the images but I molded the two together)!!

Sophie:

My eyelids flutter open, to blinding light.

"WHAS ALL DA LIGHT FOR?" I gurgle, as a glass of liquid is shoved under my top lip, and I start drinking.

Once my eyes have finished watering, I notice Keefe and a man with weird glasses, towering over me.

"Who are you?!" I sit up in my bed. I'm in a healing centre. annnnnd the headache is back.

She's got a bad case of headachitis. Blah blah blah. I hear in the man's head. Keefe on the other hand... His thought are making no sense.

Why do I feel confusion? Why does the confusion not seem to come from me? Why do I feel extra feelings when I'm around her?

I tap Keefe on the shoulder, hopefully bringing him out of his maze of thoughts.

"What've I missed?" I ask him, trying to put on a convincing smile.

Keefe's usually smirk is absent from his face as he says, "well.." He rubs the back of his head. "Marella started a fire and then Linh exploded a bathroom, and now the whole Purity tower is closed down. Dex is nerdified. No one can find Biana and Bangs Boi, and Fitz has the same as you, but not even near as bad. And then as a plus, Stina and Jensi are stalking us."

I give him a side eye. "And you?"

Keefe leans back and meets my eyes. "I'm fine."

I shake my head, "no your not. I'm a mind reader if you forgot!"

"Riiiiight."

"I'll just leave you two to talk." The guy with the funny glasses says, before walking out.

Ohhhh a lovers quarrel!!! I need snacks!!

I hear Ro's mental voice before hearing her real one, a second later, she marches through the door. "Doc sent me in to chaperone you two kiddies!!! Better make it entertaining!!!"

Keefe mock sulks, "way to cramp my style!"

"Well Funkyhair! Unless we should tag me as Babysitter, Auntie Ro would like to know what's going on in those complex stubby brains of yours and Blondie's."

"Auntie Ro?!!!" Keefe and I share a glance before bursting into nervous laughter.

Ro just shrugs. "I can be nurturing when I want too."

Keefe nods, over enthusiastically, "veeeeeery nurturing my dear Auntie Ro!!!"
We both burst out laughing again.

"Okay Ro, I've just got a thing where all of a sudden I can read minds." I say through hiccups.

Ro's eyes bulge. "Well that's waaaaaay better then Funkyhair's power!!!"

"Keefe has a power?!!!!"

Keefe smiles guiltily, "I was just about to tell you about that."

"Okay. Then tell me now."

"So, after you went unconscious, I started feeling all these W E I R D sensations. And around you it feels SUPER weird!!" Keefe grabs my shoulder as I try to move as much away as I can on the tiny cot.

"It's fine. It's actually quite enlightening!!" Keefe smirks and winks, making me wonder what he found in me.

"I'm still confused." I finally murmur.