Chapter 3: The Celebration

Start from the beginning

"Ohh Chaeyoung, happy birthday my princess.." her father greeted her and tapped her back.

"Thank you father." she replied then sat on one of the chairs.

Her father followed her and sat just right beside her.

"You look gorgeous today princess." her father said as he let out a big smile. Proud of how beautiful his daughter is.

"I just changed clothes, nothing much had changed." she replied to her father who's now chuckling.

Sometimes, Chaeyoung don't really understand her father. Makes her think what's funny.

"You really act like your mother, you two never admitted how pretty both of you actually are. And that's what i liked about your mom. She's very humble." her father said that made her think about her mother again.

Her mother..

She only saw her face from the wedding portraits of them.

She never knew how her voice sounded like.. it must be soothing and beautiful like hoe her mother looks like.

How magical would it be once she could've hears her mother's voice.

"So when will the guests arriving?" She asked her father. She looks around and they're no signs of royals or any special guests.

The king looked at her dearly in the eyes.

"There are no guests, it'll be like your regular birthday. But that's the opposite on what's happening in the entire kingdom. They're celebrating your birthday to the fullest." her father replied.

"It'll be us again? I'm sick of this." she said and leaned back to her chair, while owning a frown on her face.

She heard her father sighed. The man knew this will occur, but despite that.. all he wanted was a happy daughter on her own birthday.

"Don't be sad princess. I requested all the food you liked. I even bought you a basket full of tangerines, your favorite." her father said, then signaled something to the servant.

Quickly, the servant came back with a basket full of ripe tangerines.

Chaeyoung's frown turned upsidedown in a matter of seconds.

From the moment she saw the tangerines, it somehow lit her mood.

It's one of her favorite things in the world, and the fact that those are the fruits she gave the poor girl in the past.. was makes Chaeyoung think about her again.

In fact, the poor girl never really left her mind at all.

"Thank you father!" Chaeyoung exclaimed then gave the king a big warm hug.

The man reciprocate and patted his daughter's back.

"All for you princess.. all for you." her father said as he patted his daughter's head and left a kiss on her crown.

Chaeyoung then took one tangerine and immidietly pealed it. She shoved the while piece inside her mouth. So grateful for the fruit.

"Slow down, there's a lot of it. And only you can eat it" the king said then giggled. He's glad to see his daughter this happy. Nothing in the world could compare.

"It's just so good father, it tastes so sweet too." she said as she keeps on munching her fruits.

The man could only chuckle as he watch Chaeyoung slowly devour the food.

A few moments later, "He's here.. our king." Chaeyoung's nanny said as she has someone behind her back, standing. It's man.

"I see, I'll talk to him in outside." the king said and stood up from his seat.