Chapter 5

A few hours later, I feel Hope shaking me awake.

"Come on kid, you have a team to meet." She says, so I get up and we get off the plane before getting our bags and heading to the team meet area. Before I know it, I am on the floor with two people on me.

"KELLEY AND PINOE OFF THE ROOKIE NOW!!!!!" Hope yells. "Buuuut Hope, we were just welcoming her to the team." Kelley argues with Hope. "We won't have her on the team if you crush her, Genius." Hope says as she wraps an arm around my shoulders.

After I meet everyone else, we get on the bus and head to the hotel. I sit next to Hope and think about the last 24 hours. As I am sitting here, I feel a pair of eyes on me. I look to see a short haired brunette staring at me. I blush and turn to Hope.

"Hopey, who is that? She's kinda cute." I ask. "That's Meghan Klingenberg. One of our defenders, one of the best on my D-line." She tells me with a small smirk.

I walk over and ask to flip seats with Ali. She agrees and goes to talk to Hope. I turn to Meghan and get lost in her eyes. They are brown but they have a mischievous sparkle to them.

"Care to share why you were staring at me?" I ask her, smirking.

"Uh... yeah it's simple, you are cute, and a new player, you piqued my interest." She responds.

"Someone's bold. Aren't you like 25?" I ask her.

"Ouch my feelings... No, I am 22." She tells me, faking hurt.

"Ah, closer in age than I thought." I say.

Meg and I continue to talk for the rest of the ride. I learned that she is from Pittsburgh, and hates board games. She is one hell of a defender too. She explains that they were watching highlights of us, my school team and I, you know for research purposes. She said she was impressed by me, my skill with the ball at my age is rare. I have a natural way to see the field and the plays.

At the hotel, I am rooming with T. I get some more time with her, see if we can be an unstoppable force on the field. I decided to go and get dinner with Ash and Ali. I feel something with them like they will be close to me, and I have a good feeling about this camp. I can't wait to get to play with the girls.

"So kid, tell us some stuff about you." Ash says.

I explain some of the things I like to do besides football, such as music and some other things.

"How'd you get into soccer and music?" Ali asks. "They're escapes." I say without hesitation, before taking a drink of my water. I look up to see that they're a little confused.

"Let's just say that the people who raised me weren't the best people." I say. "Oh." Ash says and I nod. "We're sorry, AJ." Ali says. "Eh, don't worry about it." I say and shrug it off.

Our food then comes so we make small talk about what's gonna happen at camp and all while we eat.

Not long after we finish, we pay and leave. Well, Ash pays.

"Y'know, I could've paid for my own food, right?" I say as we're walking back to the hotel. "You're seventeen, you're the baby of the team. We've got it." Ash says. "But still, I would've liked to have paid. I can pay you back." I say. "Nope, keep your money kiddo." Ali says and I sigh. I then remain silent for the rest of the walk back.

We enter the hotel and head up to our floor.

Ash and Ali head to their room, and I continue on to the one I share with Tobin.

"Hi, Mama Hope." I greet the keeper as we pass each other. "Hey, kiddo." She says. I then turn the corner, and collide with someone.

"Oh, shit!" I say when I hit the floor, flat on my back and someone's holding themself above me.

I gasp, trying to get air seeing as all the breath in me was knocked out.

"Hey, woah, woah, breathe. I'm so sorry." The person says as they get up and help me sit up.

I continue to try and regain my breath with my eyes closed as the person continues to apologize.

"Don't worry ab-" I say as I open my eyes but am met with the same brown eyes I got lost in earlier.

"...-out it." I say as we continue to stare each other in the eyes.

"Are you okay?" Meghan asks me, snapping me from my trance. "Huh? Oh, yeah." I say as I shake off my thoughts.

"Here, let me help you up." She says. I reach my hands up and she pulls me up. "Thanks." I say and she smiles. We stand awkwardly before parting ways.

I enter the room and see something I definitely didn't expect, but it kind of makes me happy.

I see Tobin making out with Christen, who's currently sitting beside my sister on her bed.

I decide not to bother them so I just exit the room again and head down to the lobby, seeing as some of the girls were down there when Krashlyn and I came in.

"You look like you've seen a ghost. You alright?" Alex asks worriedly. "Y- Yeah, I'm good." I say. "You sure?" She asks and I nod. I sit down on the couch like seat in between Alex and Hope.

"You walk in on Tobin and Christen?" Hope whispers to me. "Yep. Well they were just making out thankfully." I say. "Oh kiddo." She says and laughs as she wraps an arm around my shoulder.

I catch Meghan out of my peripheral looking at me. What the hell?

AN: Thank you all for being patient. As you know both of us are very busy and try to update when we are both free. We hope you understand and hope you enjoy!