Chapter 48: Job Offer

Começar do início

"Talk to me sis," Jessica's tone soft and encouraging. 

"What should I do Jess?" Sophia says as her fingers instantly start picking at each other. Jessica catches her nervous tick and instantly puts her hand on top of Sophia's stopping her from further damage. 

"It's not about me Soph, do you want to go? And do you feel ready to travel?"

Sophia slouches leaning back into the chair making her gaze go out of the window. Her teeth biting the inside of her cheek as she contemplates with herself. "I feel fine and I don't know... I've always wanted to go but it's different now."

"You mean Luca?" Sophia turns back to her sister giving her the slightest of head nods. Jessica just chuckles rubbing her hands. "Soph, he can survive a week with out you."

"I don't know how he's going to react. And what about Destiny?"

Jessica's brows furrow, "What about her?"

"What if you need my help-"

Jessica holds up her hand, "Stop, now we will be fine and you can't use my daughter or me as a reason to not go."

Sophia purses her lips aware her sister reads her like a damn book. Jessica stands up giving her hands one more squeeze before walking around the desk. Sophia's gaze going out the window once again not ready to go back just yet. Jessica looks to her once more with a small smirk before going back to typing on her computer. The sound of the keyboard making Sophia snap back and get up walking to the door. 

"Hey Jess" Sophia turns looking over her shoulder. Her sister already looking at her. "Thank you."

Jessica just smiles shaking her head, "Get back to the man before I hear about it."

Sophia blushes making Jessica laugh as she makes her escape out of the office. Taylor now sitting at her desk turns smiling at the red faced Sophia. Sophia gives her a wave and practically jogs passed Taylor's desk. Taylor only rolls her eyes as she shakes her head returning back to her computer. 

Sophia watches the numbers go up on the elevator and tries to not overthink about the conversation with Luca. Things have been going so well for them. Yes, he is still possessive as ever but she didn't mind. She found comfort in him and the realization that he loved having her always around. After the club last week and the incredible night they had together, they had practically spent every night curled up together in the sheets. His stamina couldn't be matched. 

DING

She shook her head pushing off the wall of the elevator as the doors opened. She was not expecting to find Luca standing at her desk. Clearing her throat, he turned around and she could visibly see his body relax. She walked up to him and the moment she was within reaching distance, he snatched her waist pulling her into his chest and breathing her in. Her arms going to his back rubbing it. After a moment, he pulled back but kept his arms around her waist. 

"Where did you go?"

"I went to Jessica, sorry I-" he interrupts her pecking her lips making her blush yet again. 

"No need to apologize but I could use you for a moment."

Sophia nodded instantly as he released her waist only to take her hand leading her back into the office. Mark and Sanford Sr. were chuckling while looking over some papers on Luca's desk. Sophia follows Luca capturing the attention of the men. Xavier opens his arms for the young beauty. Sophia walks over hugging the older Luca version as he pats her back in a fatherly manner. 

"We were just talking about you."

"Oh really?" She looks up at Luca's father as he releases her.