Chapter 6 so jealous

Summary:

is it wrong to miss the past when your present is just pain?
——————————————————————
Do you really need more trigger warnings?
——————————————————————

Tommy looks up to the sky, where the eagles soar and the clouds aimlessly drift by. The heat of the sun makes him lightheaded and right now all he wants to do is sprawl across the grass and take a nice nap.

Dream does not approve. He kicks the boy's side lightly and gives him a look.

"Tommy." Dream's porcelain mask, slightly moved to the side to show his stern yet fond eyes, loom over Tommy. "No sleeping on the dirt. Your shirt is white and you're going to get it dirty." The young boy pouts but listens anyways, brushing off his shirt with his hands before standing up.

"Dream," Tommy slightly yawned out his name and stretched. God, he could do for a nap right now, but clinging to Dream would have to do for now. He chuckles and ruffles Tommy's hair as he wraps his arms around Dream and tries to continue his nap.

"Tomathy," Dream laughs slightly. "I can't walk with you clinging to me like that."

"'M tired," he mumbles, but pulls away slightly so Dream can have some free space to walk. The two boys head into Dream's cabin in the woods, overshadowed by the large canopy of towering trees over their heads.

These past few weeks managing Tommy has been emotionally rewarding, to say the least. Not only was Tommy a ball of sunshine to have, he was also very eager in pleasing Dream in anyway that he can. Whether if it was cleaning the dishes, making the bed, or sweeping the floor, Tommy would immediately get to work. His eyes would always light up whenever Dream praised him, and Dream was often reminded of an overeager puppy.

To say the least, Tommy is just as adorable as he had always been. Dream wondered whether this was the euphoria Wilbur and Techno used to feel back when Tommy was their younger brother.

Was. Dream smirks. Tommy is his now.

He's gained Tommy's trust, that Dream can count on. Ever since bringing him back to the SMP and to his dearest friend Tubbo, Tommy had since looked at him like he was his hero, which in a way, Dream was. Except no one knew that Tommy had escaped the villains only to fall into the clutches into another.

And though no one really knew what Dream's plans with Tommy are, Tubbo is still skeptical about Dream.

Hence fast forward to the nighttime, Tubbo is glaring Dream down with venom in his eyes.

"I still don't trust you with him," Tubbo starts off, blunt and easy. It's a stark contrast to his usual soft demeanor, the one who wore oversized green sleeves and had sparkling round eyes that widened at every bee and flower he saw. The version Dream stares down is raggedy and stiff and had scars on his face from his colorful execution at the festival.

Dream leans on the walls of Pogtopia, bored. "I brought him back to you, didn't he?"

"You did. But it's been weeks since you've saved him and you haven't given him back to us." The oil lamp flickers and licks at Tubbo's soot-covered skin. Dream stares at him in disdain. How brash and dirty, unlike Tommy's soft appearance. "Pogtopia needs its leader back. I need my best friend back."