Chapter 6

At Coach's beach house

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Coach had a huge room filled with gymnastics equipment! I think that room was meant for a living room. She had 2 bars, 3 beams, and like 20 mats.

We split into small groups to practice each event. I got beam first. I did a back walk over, into a backhandspring step out, then a full turn, split jump, full turn, switch leap, and a front flip dismount.

Next, I moved on to bars. There was only one small bar. I did a kip, a couple swings, it wasn't like there were two bars so it was a little different.

Finally, we switched to the last rotation. Floor was fun! She set up mats in her backyard so we got to feel the heat!!

"Girls, Girls! We have a contest!" we all ran up to her,"Just kidding girls! Your parents and I decided to get you girls a beam and two mats!".

"I will ship them to your house when we get back to Mississippi!" We all cheered!

This meet had been so much fun! Sadly, we have to leave tomorrow!

On the plane

°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"Hey Mom, I texted Melody and she had fun at her swim meet!" I finally got to sit next to my mom instead of some random person!

"That's cool!" she responded. "Passengers, please fasten your seat belts! This plane is landing!" the flight attendant told us.

We were driving home and were starving! "Mom, it is 9:30 we never got dinner!" "OK, let's stop at Panera Bread," I got the chicken pesto Alfredo and a frappicinno. I had no energy!

We walked in our house and it was really silent. My sisters fell asleep on the couch and my dad was watching basketball!

I looked in the kitchen and there was the beam and two mats!!