Chapter 4: Why am I in your bed, Sarawat?

Start from the beginning

"You know Tine, may be for the beer festival, we could take the most popular dishes of every restaurant we partner with and pair them with the right beer? Like a combo--"

"And then offer it on a discounted prices to make more people try out our beer? Make them an offer they can't refuse?"

"Exactly." Sarawat clinked his beer with mine. "So, what do you think of the Bowser beer?"

I ate up my noodles and took a big chug out of the bottle. "I always liked Bowser. But I have to agree, it somehow tastes perfect with spicy food. Fuck, it actually tastes better."

Sarawat just smiled and waved at the waitress standing across the table. "Six more Bowser beers. Thank you."

"Sarawat, I am not drinking that many beers. The alcohol content in Bowser is way too much and I have to drive back from here."

"Oh come on. Stop with your stupid excuses." Sarawat moved forward in his seat and I could see deeper down his chest with those two open buttons on top. "You are just scared I'll find out you cannot even handle beer. The digital marketing head of National Breweries can't even drink a few beers."

"HEY! I can handle my beer very well. I just don't feel like drinking because I have work tomorrow."

"What work? Tine, Its a Friday night!" Sarawat yelled as the waitress bought an entire bucket of beer bottles and put it on the table.

But I wasn't looking at the beer bottles on the table or the waitress, I was still focused on those two open buttons on Sarawat's shirt.

"Just accept it, Tine — You are still that boring kid from college who can't even handle a few bottles of beer. Isn't that why you never showed up to my parties? You were too scared everyone in college would realise their mighty Student Body President was deep down a lame teetotaller."

"I AM NOT SCARED OF YOU! OR YOUR BUTTONS, OKAY!" I put the empty beer bottle on the table with a loud smash.

"What buttons?" Sarawat looked at me all confused. "Are you scared of buttons? Is that some weird phobia?"

"You know what? Fuck you and fuck your buttons. Bring on the beer. And bring me some whisky and tequila too. Let me show you how adults handle their liquor, Sarawat Guntithanon."

/

/

/

/

/

My head was pounding and I could feel hot air on my neck. I tried to move, but it felt like I was restrained tightly in my spot.

As I slowly opened my eyes, I realised I was in an unfamiliar place and an unfamiliar bed with a very familiar person sleeping next to me. Sarawat's face was nuzzled in my neck and I could feel his hot, slow breath on my skin. His hands and legs were wrapped around me like he had purposefully pinned me down. He wasn't wearing his shirt which made me go into a small panic until I realised I was wearing all of my clothes.

My eyes scanned the room with an unusually high ceiling. It didn't look like a hotel, there were a few pictures of Sarawat with his family on the wall. May be this was his house after all — which meant, Sarawat was way richer than I thought he was.

That's when my eyes travelled back to Sarawat, who looked so damn adorable in his sleep that I couldn't believe this was the devil who had made office a complete hell for him.

Were his eyeslashes always this long? How could he look so cute?

Like a reflex, like I had done it a million times before, my hands went over Sarawat's head and I ruffled his surprisingly very soft hair, as I took in his smell.