Chapter 1

After an extremely long day at the Jedi Temple Anakin Skywalker decided to go home. Sure, he had to lie to Obi-Wan and say he had some random ship to fix but it would be worth it. After all, the next morning Anakin was going to be shipped off for months, fighting who knows where. He wanted to see his wife and say goodbye.

It took some maneuvering walking the streets of Corosaunt without being recognized, one of the problems with becoming a symbol it seemed. Anakin both loved the attention and hated it at the same time, privacy was harder but his reputation also allowed extra perks. He learned early on not to take advantage, to stay away from fangirls, not only would the Jedi yell about attachments, he was sure that Padmé and her handmaidens would make things hard on him. As he reached the Senate apartments he sensed someone walking around the corner so Anakin did the thing he was trained to do, he jumped. While holding onto the edge of Padme's bedroom window he saw a clone taking a walk. Before he could be spotted Anakin opened the window and fell into the room.

After the fact Anakin realized his mistake. So much for stealth. He stood up slowly and raised his gloved hands as 6 women held him at gunpoint. "I didn't realize the whole entourage was staying the night," he quipped.

He noticed that only 3 of them had lowered their blasters, the 3 who he had seen most often. Anakin had dedicated the time to learn the names and faces of the 3 women who would constantly be roaming the apartment. The others had him confused.

"Lower your weapons, it's Anakin Skywalker." The woman in the middle spoke using the Queen Amidala voice, Sabé, Padmé's best friend and closest double. Anakin and Sabé have always had a bumpy relationship, at least on this visit she didn't want to test his fighting skills.

The other women seemed to have understood as they put their royal pistols away and began to laugh. Anakin was definitely trying to get over the fact that so many women who shared features with his wife stood in the same room. "What exactly is going on here? There are more of you than usual. Is Padmé available?"

"Padmé decided to stay late at the Senate building, we ate dinner already." Dormé filled him in as she would any visitor. "There are leftovers if you want some. Was told to tell you that we found that fruit juice you liked."

"She is still there? This late?" Obviously he was hungry, but Anakin ran a hand through his messy hair in contemplation anyway. "Who is she meeting with?" A hint of jealousy now present in his tone.

"Viceroy Bail Organa." Ellé spoke up wanting to avoid conflict, "and don't worry, she has C3PO with her."

"Just because I put together that hunk of junk doesn't mean I shouldn't worry." Anakin mumbles as he maneuvers around the women to reach his bed. He sits down, sinking into the crisp sheets, he could even pick up the scent of Padmé's perfume, vanilla.

"Isn't he charming, I can't believe he used to be polite." one of the women who Anakin didn't recognize spoke up. She had a bit of an accent, unusual for people from Naboo.

Anakin cleared his throat, "Used to be...you must of been one of the first handmaidens, by the time of the blockade." He brought his eyes to reach hers, "I was 9, of course I changed. Grown taller, became a Jedi Night. I've also been at war, something my old self would have thought was impossible."

"Anakin please meet Rabé, a professional musician," Sabé gestured to the woman with the accent who looked like she was inspecting Anakin up and down. She seemed uncomfortable in her black dress, must have been due to the change in weather. There was something in her face that reminded him of a bounty hunter. "Yané, a professional mother at this point." Yané looked as if she didn't remember much of meeting Anakin in the past. Much less intimidating then Rabé. "And finally Eirtaé, our artist with a hint of science." Anakin noticed that she specifically was fidgeting as if she wanted to get to work, reminding him of himself. She was also the only woman with blonde hair which was surprising.