Chapter TWO

GAVIN'S POV

It started raining into a drizzle when the bell rang, a signal that P. E. is over.

Mike and I went to the men's lockers to change into drier clothes. The only thing I hate in sports is sweat. It has this uncomfortable sensation that I find very disgusting.

After changing to more clean and comfortable ones, it was time to join my next class which was Spanish.

Mike had a different schedule during this time so I had to enter this class alone.

I entered the room full of students. From the right are the students that's talking about how they spent their summer break. From the left is a group of girls that only cares about their make-up. 

Is it possible to hear the silence?

Because as I walk inside the room everyone stopped talking and they all started glaring at me. It's so weird how teens act this way. 

I know what they're thinking. After I broke up with Hannah, they thought I was using her for fame. But damn, I don't need to do that because I don't want to be known in this school. As long as they don't touch me or talk to me, I don't care. 

Ignoring gazes from the students I barely know, and decided to sit as far away from where I usually sit in my other subjects. I sit in the front in my other subjects, except Spanish.

I'm not good with Spanish, and sitting in the first or second row would be a bad idea. 

Why? The Spanish teacher, Mrs. Enriquez likes to call out students who sit from the front row. She can see the student's from behind but she prefers calling her favorite student's in the front. And I am not her favorite, so I won't waste my time sitting there. Also, I am not good at this subject. I am getting worried if my future partner has the same level of Spanish intelligence as me then we are both screwed. 

Speaking of Mrs. Enriquez, she entered the classroom with a gorgeous and unexceptional beautiful girl behind her. 

The kind of girl you see in magazines. Her hair was golden red, gently waving down to the middle of her back. She had a perfect curved figure, the kind that made every boy and girl in the room take a hit on her. She had dark eyes and dark shadows under those charcoal black ones. Like she was suffering from sleepless nights. But this is not why I couldn't look away. I stared at her because she was breathtakingly beautiful. It magically stopped my heartbeat for a second. 

She walks down the aisle and introduced herself. I was watching her entirely and there is no mistake that she has taken my attention.

"I'm Elizabeth Brown but you can call me Elise. I'm 17 years old..." Even her voice is splendid. Then she met my eyes as she spoke with the strangest expression on her face as if she recognizes me from another time. And I was shocked all of a sudden which I couldn't explain. Something happened between our gazes. It was intense and the more I look at her the more I felt my chest tightens. I can't help but smirk as I watch her speak. 

I'm not a blusher type of guy but I felt my face heating up as she looks at me without blinking. I can't figure her out unlike everyone else here who's very easy to uncover. I give it to her, she's new so maybe that's the main reason I cannot fathom her yet. 

After she introduced herself, she walks in my direction. I caught my breath and cursed myself. I think she's going to confront me about staring intensely at her. I screwed this up and I need to be a man and not cower down. 

As relief, she sat next to the empty chair. I shake my head in the realization that hit me. Of course, the chair next to me was the only available seat for her to take.