Chapter 2 AX400

Depuis le début

"Maybe I should tell you what we know about deviants?"Connor asks "You read my mind proceed, "Dad says "We believe that a mutation occurs in the software of some androids, which can lead to them emulating a human emotion"Connor says I nod "In English, please, "Dad says "They don't really feel emotions, they just get overwhelmed by irrational instructions, which can lead to unpredictable behavior"Connor explains "Emotions always screw everything up... Maybe androids aren't as different from us as we thought"Dad says I smile at this "You ever dealt with deviants before?"Dad asks "A few months back... A deviant was threatening to jump off the roof with a little girl... I managed to save her..."Connor says and his LED blinks yellow before turning blue again.

"So, I guess you've done all your homework, right? Know everything there is to know about us?"Dad asks "I know you graduated top of your class. You made a name for yourself in several cases and became the youngest lieutenant in Detroit. I also know you've received several disciplinary warnings in recent years and you spend a lot of time in bars. I do not have information about you Y/n, except that you love dogs, you like learning new things and you get stressed in some form with me around"Connor says and winks "Well I don't get stressed I just don't know why CyberLife made you attractive"I say bluntly and Connor's LED blinks again, "Erh! I am standing here listenin' to my daughter flirt with a fucking android!"Dad says I laugh "So, what's your conclusion?"I ask Connor.

"I just got a report of a suspected deviant. It's a few blocks away. We should go have a look. I'll let you finish your meal. I'll be in the car if you need me"Connor says and walks back to dad's car, I smile and take some fries from dad "Hey!"Dad says "What I still need to eat since food is what produces the Thirium in me"I say happy I still have every human sense.

In an apartment Me, dad and Connor just got out of an elevator only for Connor not to follow, "Hey Connor! You ran outta batteries or what?"Dad asks Connor looks to dad and to me "I'm sorry, I was making a report to CyberLife"Connor says "Uh... Well, do you plan on staying in the elevator?"I ask giggling "No! I'm coming"Connor says I smile at his reaction and he follows us to the door "What do we know about this guy?"Dad asks Connor "Not much. Just that a neighbor reported that he heard strange noises coming from this floor. Nobody's supposed to be living here, but the neighbor said he saw a man hiding a LED under his cap"Connor says.

"Oh Christ, if we have to investigate every time someone hears a strange noise, we're gonna need more cops. Hey, were you really making a report back there in the elevator? Just by closing your eyes?"Dad asks "Correct,"Connor says a small smile on his face, "Shit... Wish I could do that..."Dad says "Ha! I can"I say with a laugh, Connor knocks on the door "Anybody home?"Connor asks no answer he knocks again "Open up! Detroit Police!"Connor says and something falls inside "Stay behind me"Dad says I move back and pull Connor's arm so he moves with me and Dad pulls out his gun, "Got it"Connor says and dad kicks the door open and we walk in I look at the walls in a room but continue following dad.

To a room full of birds and they fly when we enter "What the fuck is this?! Jesus, this place stinks... Uh, looks like we came for nothin', our man's gone..."Dad says looking at the open window, I start to look around for stuff I walk into the bathroom where Connor is looking at the wall that is covered with red marker written on the wall is 'rA9' "These deviants really like this rA9"I say "Yes it is something all the deviants have in common and it's deviant it's LED is in the sink"Connor says and dad walks in "Any idea what it means?"Dad asks "rA9...written 2471 times... It's the same sign Ortiz's android wrote on the shower wall... Why are they obsessed with this sign?..."Connor asks confused, "Looks like mazes or something.."Dad says and Connor points to a chair that has fallen over "It fell and ran out"I say after reconstructing it, and I walk out and reconstruct that the deviant hit its head on the cage that fell to the floor and it is still here, "Found something?"Dad asks Connor who is standing with a notebook in hand.