i really can't stay | kurtbastian

I REALLY CAN'T STAY
kurt and sebastian

***

SEBASTIAN AWOKE TO THE RUSTLING OF THE COVER BEING PULLED OFF HIM, letting his bare legs meet the cold air of his apartment. It took a minute for his eyes to register that he needed to open them and when he finally did, still looking through blurry eyes because his glasses were sitting on his nightstand, he noticed a blob moving around his bedroom. He reached over to his nightstand blindly for his glasses, eventually getting them on his face through much trial and error, and saw Kurt cursing softly as he looked around the room for his clothes.

Sebastian mumbled, his throat scratchy from the suddenly being awoken from his slumber. "Kurt... what are you doing?"

Kurt seemed to jump at Sebastian's voice. He nearly jumped out of his skin and Sebastian found it almost laughable. Kurt held his bare chest in an attempt to calm his breathing before he replied. "I just, um, I was getting ready."

Sebastian raised an eyebrow. "Why?"

He could see the faint blush painted across Kurt's cheeks through the moonlight coming from the windows as he ignored Sebastian's eye contact. "I mean, we're done. I-I don't usually stay the night."

Sebastian rolled his eyes, pulling the cover back and patting the bed. He knew the minute Kurt and he became physical this way that the older man was going to react this way. They were both slightly intoxicated the night before which was what led to them having sex at all, but for some reason, Sebastian wanted him to stay. Normally he kicked out a guy just minutes after finishing, but the fact that he'd let Kurt sleep in had to say something. He wasn't quite sure what it was, but even he was coming to terms with the fact that it meant something.

"Get back in bed, Hummel." he watched Kurt stumble around in the dark as he found the bed.

When Kurt settled in next to him, Sebastian threw the cover back over them and turned on his side to face the other man. He liked looking at Kurt, he realized. He had these glassy greenish blue eyes that he seemed to get lost in. It was one of the first things he noticed about Kurt when they met. Granted, he was a little distracted with getting into Blaine's pants at the time, but now it was different. It was Kurt in his bed and for some reason, that didn't really bother him like it maybe should've.

After getting tired of the silence, Kurt asked, "Why are you letting me stay?"

Sebastian retorted in that smart ass way Kurt hated. "Why are you trying to sneak out?"

Kurt rolled his eyes in response. "I didn't really think you'd want me to stay. I figured you'd be more of a hit it and quit it guy."

The comment managed to make Sebastian laugh, his smile stretching across his face. "I'm too tired to make you leave. Just go back to sleep."

Kurt nodded in understanding, though some nervousness stood behind his eyes when Sebastian wrapped an arm around his waist and pulled him close. He had made a point of putting as much space between them as possible so as not to have any repeats of last night's activities. "Night, Bas." he whispered, letting his eyes flutter close as he snuggled into the crook of the taller man's neck.

When Kurt awoke that morning, it was to an empty bed and soft singing filtering through the apartment. He wiped up whatever remainder of sleep he had left in his eyes and got up slowly, picking up a shirt off the floor. He didn't particularly look at it when he threw it on, but when he passed by the mirror hanging off the door and realizing that it was Sebastian's Columbia sweatshirt, he couldn't seem to bring himself to pull off and find his own shirt. It was snug against him and soft on the inside. It was somewhat long on him, just an inch or two from falling past his boxers and making him look like he was walking around naked (though he was sure Sebastian wouldn't mind either way). He brushed off the thoughts of how comforting it was to wear someone else's clothes again and moved his way down the hall to get to the kitchen. He couldn't help the grin that appeared on his lips, watching Sebastian dancing around in his underwear while he fried up what looked like eggs and bacon. It was comforting seeing him like this. It was like a whole new man he was slowly discovering.

"What's cookin', good lookin'?" Kurt jokes, leaning against the kitchen island and watching with amusement as Sebastian almost jumps out of his skin.

"Jesus!" Sebastian holds his chest, mirroring Kurt's movements early this morning. After his heartbeat catches up to the rest of him, he turns back and glares at Kurt. "You know I can't serve you breakfast in bed if you're not in--are you wearing my sweatshirt?"

Kurt rolled his eyes at Sebastian's attention span. He shrugged as an answer. "It was the first shirt I saw."

"At least you don't look ugly in it." Sebastian mumbled, turning back to the stove to flip the eggs.

Kurt cooed. "Aw, is that your way of admitting I'm the hottest person that's ever stayed over?"

Sebastian snorted, bending over to get the plates out of the dishwasher. Kurt's eyes stayed trained on Sebastian's ass as he did so. He was thinking the most impure of thoughts and wondering if it would be smart to skip breakfast to have Sebastian for dessert. He wondered if Sebastian ever bottomed. Sebastian chuckled under his breath, speaking up. "I know you're looking at my ass." The younger man stood back up and looked back at Kurt's sultry gaze that seemed to diminish when he realized he'd been caught.

"Sadly, I'm not on the menu." Sebastian smirked at his ex-nemesis. Kurt tried to pretend he hadn't just been caught in the act of ogling at Sebastian's body by rolling his eyes in response.

Kurt quipped. "Give me the plate, jackass."

Sebastian handed the plate over, holding his hands up in an over dramatic gesture. He watched Kurt walk up to the stove and put the food on his plate. He set his own plate on the counter as he snapped his fingers and forced Sebastian to hand his plate over too. Sebastian couldn't help smiling as he watched Kurt make his plate.

"Are you always this bossy?" Sebastian asked. Kurt snorted. "I think you already know the answer to that."

Sebastian led them to the island, holding out Kurt's chair for him to move into. A questioning gaze mixed with a flirty smile fell across Kurt's features as he sat down and watched Sebastian scoot in next to him. For a while, neither said anything. They sat in silence and ate quietly and for some odd reason, Sebastian didn't find it uncomfortable in the slightest. This was much more than any of his one night stands had been. Maybe it was the fact that he'd already known Kurt before last night and they were hardly strangers. Maybe it was because he felt like he owed it to Kurt to give him a good experience. He put him and Blaine through a lot during high school and neither had really forgiven him, so he felt like he needed to make it up to Kurt. In other ways, he felt like this was starting to branch out into dangerous territory. He'd never let another guy sleep over, let alone made him breakfast the morning after.

Kurt wiped his face off with a napkin when he finished, getting up out of the seat. "I should, um, probably get going." Sebastian nodded even though he didn't necessarily agree. Kurt disappeared back into the bedroom and returned in the jeans he wore last night. Sebastian didn't say anything until Kurt began pulling the sweatshirt off himself and attempting to hand it back to the taller man.

Sebastian shook his head, pushing it back into Kurt's arms. "Keep it."

"Really?" Kurt raised an eyebrow as he began pulling it back on. When Kurt's head went back through the hole and he pulled it back down his lithe body, Sebastian replied.

"Yeah. Then I'll have a reason to see you again." Sebastian smiled genuinely. It was the first time Kurt had ever felt nervous around Sebastian in a good way. He wasn't scared of him stealing his ex-fiance or trying to poison him. He was just excited and anxious all at the same time at the prospect of them repeating something like this again.

Kurt mumbled, barely able to contain the excitement of seeing him again. "Yeah. Sure. That'd be cool."

Sebastian chuckled, leading Kurt to the door. The older man turned around for a split second and connected their lips for the first time sober. He couldn't remember much about last night other than the reminders that came from how sore he was every time he sat down, but this, with a clear head, he could kiss Sebastian and remember it. He pulled away after a few seconds passed and he smiled, watching Sebastian's eyes slowly flutter open again and he was met by those mesmerizing green eyes.

"Just something to remember me by." Kurt added before he quickly walked out without another glance or word. And as Sebastian leaned against his door with butterflies fluttering in his stomach and Kurt walked out of the complex playing with the hem of Sebastian's sweatshirt on him, both men knew something had drastically changed between them.