"Would it be insensitive of me to ask you to help me burn this place down?" Markos asked as he glanced up from his overflooding luggage. "I hate it here" Markos huffed.

There wasn't much Markos could say about Westwood Asylum. It had helped him, destroyed him, and set him on a new path all at once. Markos never knew what he wanted in life... Everything had been planned out for him from the day he was born. He was to grow up in the public eye, become something great and perfect for the world to adore, and live an extravagant and wealthy life.

Things had taken a turn when he realized he was trans. Days packed with photoshoots, interviews, and constant people in his face became days filled with mindless drinking, obsessive shopping, and being hidden away like he was something to be ashamed of. He had nothing he wanted in life other than a body he didn't always hate... The only thing that never changed was how lonely he was.

Even when he had friends, they never really were his friends. They were just people he was expected to exist around because they were wealthy. And when he was pulled out of the spotlight at fifteen to transition in hiding since his mother was ashamed of him... He had been free, but still lonely. He couldn't make friends with a bunch of drunk strangers in a nightclub. It was to the point where his only friend was the bartender and that was because he spoke fluent Spanish and helped Markos stay as fluent as possible. He also helped Markos when he got too drunk to handle himself...

He hated himself. He hated his body, he hated his attitude, he hated his life. He looked in the mirror and found a million things wrong with him... He would drown out his insecurities with parties, alcohol, shopping and occasionally he'd experiment with different drugs brought in... Mostly just weed. He did everything to forget how useless and pointless his life felt.

Westwood had changed him for the better. He found a career path where he could follow his passion and bring comfort to people like him around the works through literature. He had met someone who made him feel beautiful and loved... Even if he ended up breaking his heart. He had met Beau who he cared for more than the majority of his family. He had befriended Austin and created an enemy named Aiden.

Beau was special to him, like a little brother. He made him feel valued and helpful. He made him feel like he could make a difference and was his biggest supporter when it came to his writing. Beau was the godfather to his plants, his best friend, and his favorite person. He couldn't have asked for a better roommate...

Austin had made Markos more comfortable with himself. There was a lot of pressure to pass as a trans man... To not be feminine and to be as masculine as possible. Toxic masculinity had hit him like a bus as soon as he started passing. But Austin made him feel more comfortable dressing the way he did. He made him feel comfortable wearing jewelry or wearing colors that were traditionally more feminine... Even if Austin could be a complete bitch, Austin was his first friend at Westwood and had been there for him through it all.

And finally, there was Jayce... His heart ached at just the thought of him. But Jayce had given him something he never got. He made him feel valued, beautiful, and loved. He didn't make him feel like less of a man when he found out Markos was trans... He barely even acknowledged it per Markos's request. Jayce was the first person to not give him respect because of money, fame, or just because they were like Beau and gave everyone respect. No... Jayce was the first person's respect Markos ever had to earn. And he had lost him.

Markos loved Jayce... That was undeniable. He was in love with Jayce and had once thought the two would spend the rest of their lives together... He was wrong. He was so fucking wrong. But he didn't want to leave things on a sour note... He just wanted Jayce to be proud of him. He just wanted Jayce to love him and hold him like he had a million times before. He just wanted Jayce Williams... Because he still loved him... And maybe a small part of him always would.