"And they were soulmates!"

Start from the beginning

"Sorry, I was just thinking," Sapnap apologized, "What did y'all want to ask me?"

"I'm not saying it anymore," George replied, sounding butthurt. "You weren't listening the first time."

"Fine then, keep your secrets." Sapnap giggled at his meme reference, Dream chuckling along when he got it moments later.

Jokes and light banter continued to fly between the four as Sapnap continued to play Geoguesser with Dream and George, Bad continuing to stay so he could talk. And like usual, it didn't take long for another lighthearted argument to erupt. For some reason, it was about shoes this time.

"I'm telling you!" Dream defended, "Crocs are better than sandals!"

"They're hideous!" George shot back for the fifth time, "Sandals are so much better!" Dream made a strangled noise.

"Crocs offer more protection from the sun than sandals."

"Have you seen how bad a tan looks for someone who wears crocs? Their feet look like giraffes, Dream, giraffes."

"And? Who cares?!"

"I care!"

Sapnap sighed, running a hand across his face in exhaustion. He didn't know how, but he really was third-wheeling an argument over crocs and sandals. At least Bad was with him so he wasn't third-wheeling alone.

"No you don't! Besides, crocs protect your feet more!"

"From what?!"

"The sun, first off! And- and from stubbing your foot! It softens the blow!"

"How would you know that? What, have you tested that out or something?"
"Yeah, I have!" Dream wasn't lying, part of their testing the other day had included Dream stubbing his foot with shoes on, and apparently, crocs were enough to prevent Dream's counter from rising.

"Wait, what?" George's jokingly defensive tone was completely scrapped for one of pure confusion. He started to laugh. "What do you mean you have?"

"Me and Sapnap found out that my counter counts how many times I've stubbed my foot on something," Dream started to explain, almost smugly, "We spent like an hour testing it out, and crocs prevent it from going up. So ha!"

Sapnap snickered lightly at the end of Dream's comment, but the laugh quickly dropped after he noted a distinct lack of response from George.

"George?" Sapnap asked, starting to grow concerned.

"George?" Dream parroted, sounding equally, if not more, concerned.

"Are you there?" Bad added.

"... I..." George eventually, quietly replied. "Is it for both feet?"

"What?"

"Your counter."

"Yeah," Dream answered, confused. "Why?"

A jolt of shock ran through Sapnap as his earlier thoughts started snapping two and two together. No fucking way...

"That's what mine is," George softly revealed, sounding almost too utterly shocked to talk. "That's what mine counts too."

"No fucking way," Dream blurted back. "Are you serious?!" Shock quickly wore off from the group, excitement and happiness replacing it.

"Yes! I'm serious!"

Sapnap felt like he was about to cry, happy and surprisingly, relieved. He wouldn't ever admit it to either of them even if he was held at gunpoint, but Sapnap had been privately hoping his too best friends turned out to be soulmates; he honestly couldn't see either of them being with someone else. It seems his intuition had served him correct in the long run, because he ended up being right in the end. He started laughing uncontrollably as Dream and George continued to gawk at each other, and Sapnap could've sworn he heard Bad tearfully say "Language!" before starting to actually cry.

"Oh my goodness!" Bad almost shrieked, "I'm so happy for you two!" Dream guffawed as Bad audibly sobbed out, Sapnap letting out a small "aww" at his older friend's heartfelt reaction.

"When did you figure it out?" he heard Dream ask excitedly.

"Literally last week!" George called back, and Sapnap laughed when he heard Dream slam on his desk in response.

"You're joking!"

"I'm not!"

A sudden thought shot through Sapnap's mind, and he couldn't help to blurt it out. "And they were soulmates!"

"Oh my goodness, they were soulmates," Bad happily and immediately finished through tears, causing Sapnap to erupt with laughter as Dream and George carried on talking, caught in their own little world as usual.

Well, them being soulmates suddenly now explains a lot. Sapnap laughed even harder at the sentiment.

God, what a day.