Confessions (Peter Maximoff)

Story Type: Fluff

Y/N and their best friend Peter sat on the bench in the local park on a sunny afternoon. They had already played table tennis and listened to music in Peter's basement for hours, then decided to get some fresh air and enjoy the pleasant weather. Y/N and Peter had been friends for over a year now, and they had a very close bond, especially since neither of them had many friends. Peter was viewed as a "freak", and Y/N was seen as the "best friend of a freak". But neither of them cared what society thought of them, they were happy with just each other. As the twosome sat together, laughing and chatting, Peter was acting a bit odd. His sentences were short and rushed, and he wouldn't look at Y/N, and they definitely noticed this. "Is everything okay? You're acting sort of weird." Y/N asked, immediately concerned about their friend. "I'm fine. I must just be more energetic today." Peter answered hurriedly. "Maybe you should burn off some energy?" Y/N suggested. "Go for a run and I'll wait here." Without saying anything, he took off and was out of sight within 1 second. Y/N sat alone for about 20 seconds until Peter returned. "That was a nice run across town." He said, sitting back down. "Feeling better?" Y/N asked, smiling at him. "Yeah." He replied, still refusing to meet their eyes. "You're still acting weird." They told him. "What's going on?" "Nothing." Peter answered, rocking back and forth nervously. "You can't lie to me. We've been friends for over a year. I can tell when something is bothering you." Y/N said. They reached out their hand to Peter's cheek and turned his face towards theirs. "You can talk to me. You know that." "It's just-" Peter began, but quickly cut himself off. "I can't tell you right now." "Yes you can!" Y/N insisted. "Tell me what's wrong!" "I know we've been friends for a long time, but I think I'm starting to catch different feelings for you. I know you'd never want me as a partner so I kept it to myself for so long. I know you want to walk out on me now that you know, and I'm not stopping you." Peter rambled out in about 5 seconds. "The only parts I could even understand was that you caught feelings for me and you're not stopping me from walking out on you." Y/N told him. They started to blush as the words took meaning in their mind. "Yeah, it's true. Say whatever you want, as long as it's the truth." Peter said, looking down at the ground. "I like you too." Y/N told him quietly. He looked up at them with hopeful eyes. "Really?" "Yes. I didn't say anything cause I didn't want to ruin our friendship. I've kind of had feelings for you for over a month." They explained. Without another word, Peter quickly sat upright and kissed Y/N with all his heart. When he finished and backed away, they didn't say a word, completely surprised. "Oh...I went too far. I'm so sorry, I just got so happy and-" Before Peter could finish his apology, Y/N leaned in and kissed him themself. "I didn't mind it at all." They whispered gently. Peter embraced Y/N as they shared another kiss, the birds twittering in the trees overhead, the sun casting shadows over the bench. The two friends had found love: in each other.