part twelve

"You're way smarter, bigger, and stronger than me. But I always felt like I had to protect you. I wonder what it is I wanted to protect you from."

And now I know, Ash.

I know now what I wanted to protect you from.

Everyone was starting to get worried when Sing didn't answer right away. It was clear what he was thinking about. Does he know more than the others do? (Y/N), Eiji and Yut-Lung were now staring at Sing, who was overwhelmed, not ready for their reaction.

Yut-Lung wasn't very patient. It was like he had been waiting for that moment all along. "You better tell them now. Or should I?" (Y/N) couldn't believe that Sing was lying now too. Apparently, no one seemed to trust one another here yet. "So Yut-Lung knows and we don't?"

Sing glared at Yut-Lung, who just smiled back innocently. His frustration began to build, until he finally exploded. He had enough and started talking, trying to calm them down. "Alright! Just chill out guys."

"At that time I was already starting to get sudden text messages or e-mails, thinking it was Ash. When I got another message, but from a random number this time, it said I should meet them in front of the New York library." he finally explained to them. Sing felt very embarrassed and could already imagine the reactions of everyone around him. (Y/N)'s eyes widened, realizing he was actually serious. "And you actually went? Are you insane?"

Eiji agreed, not sure how to respond since he wasn't any better. "Can't believe you'd really do that.."

Yut-Lung seemed pleased with everything that was happening and remained silent. Sing tried to explain himself, but he was still feeling embarrassed and his friends weren't making things any better. "I thought it was Ash okay! The moment I heard the police cars and ambulances I knew it was a trap. He was dead this whole damn time. An actual stranger has been making fun of me."

(Y/N) just shook her head and scoffed in response. "You're still stupid. Seriously." Sing handed (Y/N) his phone, showing her his chat history. "Here. See for yourself. Does this not look like Ash to you?"

She actually was kind of impressed that he recognized that. "You're not that wrong. How do you even know that that's how Ash texts?"

"I don't know.." Sing mumbled. "I just got a vibe."

(Y/N) drove back home after dropping Sing off first. She invited Eiji over to her house.
Also, Yut-Lung wanted to talk to her alone first before leaving. Eiji already got out of the car before anyone could say anything. It was tormenting him enough that he even has to breathe next to Yut-Lung. (Y/N) didn't react much to that. "So should I drive you back?" She offered, without looked over to Yut-Lung, who has been quiet the whole car ride. Without warning, he blurted out what he had been thinking.

"I lied to the police too (Y/N)."

So that's why he has been quiet the whole time.

(Y/N)'s eyes widened as she turned around and stared at him. She was looking so intense that it was almost unbearable for him to look at her. "What did you say?" He hesitated for a moment before answering. "I was also there. When they found Ash's body."

(Y/N) felt like she was going to lose it. Everyone acted on their own without consulting one another. This was extremely dangerous, no one seemed to comprehend that. "Are you kidding me? You should've told us. What the hell am I supposed to tell the others?"