part ten

Eiji and (Y/N) were studying together. It seemed like everything was back to normal after (Y/N) said these things to him, even though he was still upset. He didn't say anything else, because how would he say something against that was true? Eiji knew him lying right now to everyone was wrong, but how could he ever tell her this?

Eiji remained silent until (Y/N) finally looked at him.

"Eiji? What's wrong?" She noticed that his eyes were a little red, (Y/N) felt lost and helpless. She had no idea what to do to help him. He was not used to feeling this way. Underneath this kind person was someone very sensitive and vulnerable. She wanted him to be happy again, even if it meant sacrificing her own happiness. Of course it wasn't going to be easy when she was struggling with her own issues.

The past few weeks have been a difficult time for everyone. There will be no closure for Eiji or anyone else until they find out what really happened to Ash. "It's gonna be okay. For a year, you didn't know where he was, and now.. Everything is different." Eiji still refused to look at (Y/N). He hesitated for a moment before responding.

"Honestly.. I think that there's something not right with me."

She wasn't sure what he meant by it, but he apparently was trying to tell her something important. "Eiji, there's nothing wrong with you? You lost a close friend. I know he meant to you a lot." The girl tried to console him as best she could.

Eiji felt weird hearing that word. Friend, She had no idea that Ash was so much more than just a friend to him. She might know, but did not mention it. There is something about their relationship that is difficult to put into a single word. No one could ever understand the strong, unbreakable bond they had. Obviously she could never understand him, since he can't understand it himself.

(Y/N) didn't know what else to say to him, It was a difficult time a few weeks ago when they found out that Ash was gone. Eiji was overwhelmed and couldn't do anything alone. He was so devastated. It's surprising that he could even speak again after what happened.

"Maybe we can try to say goodbye to him now." Eiji finally looked at her, to which (Y/N) gave him a small worried look back. He couldn't help but feel an intense sense of guilt. "I really don't know how you can do this."

"Do what?" (Y/N) asked him, and she already knew what was to come.
What is it now?

"I know you didn't change, but you're acting so different now. It's like you don't care anymore."

It was hard to tell if Eiji really believed that she didn't care about her dead best friend. Someone she had spent most of her life with. Everyone experiences and handles emotions differently after all. (Y/N) just scoffed at what he said, this was hilarious she thought. She can read him like a book, and clearly understands what he is trying to say.

"Seriously Eiji? He was my best friend. Don't act like you can read me. I know you, almost all of you, because you're the one who is pretty easy to read. The other way around is different."

"Now who is not trusting who? You know I'm trying to help and you always ignore me whenever I ask you." Eiji became visibly upset. All he wanted was to help, but did not know how.

The girl glared at him, angrily. "I'm honestly getting tired of people telling me I am disgusting person and whatever. Is that want you want to say?" She was getting tired of the assumptions and judgments made about her by her own friends. This might have been her own fault, because of the kind of person she used to be.