🪞 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒗𝒆 🪞

"College"

Eight years ago:

"You have your sunscreen?"

"Yes."

"Your towel?"

"Yes."

"Your bug spray?"

"Mom, stop worrying." Florence chuckled with exasperation.

"It's five whole days. I've never been apart from you for so long. Not even for a movie." Thalia whined.

Florence was off to pathfinders for a fifth grade field trip and would be gone for five days. Since birth, she hadn't spent more than a day away from her mom.

"Jeez what are you going to do when I go to college?"

"Oh god." Her voice cracked and she put her head down as tears overflowed.

"Ugh mom please stop crying my friends are like five feet away." Florence said, her face turning pink.

"Sorry- sorry." She wiped her eyes. "You're going to have so much fun. Be careful okay?"

"I will be." Then she stopped. "Are you goona be okay?"

"I'll be fine, baby. Go play with your friends." Thalia smiled.

Florence nodded and walked away to get on the bus. A minute later she ran off and jumped into her moms arms. Thalia was quick to catch and hug her back.

"I love you, mom." Her voice was muffled in her chest.

Thalia stroked her hair, "I love you too, always."

***
(Now)

The group of six walked the streets of New York to explore. Ramona Olsen, Thalia Bravo, Chris Wood, and Ellie Daniels were dropping off Florence Bravo and Holly Stevens for their first day at New York University.

Florence and Ellie had lunch together, lots of apologizing happened most of the time. And she wasn't exactly cool with her, but she allowed her to be here.

Chris looked around in awe as his fingers were intwined with Thalia's. Ramona also looked around, never having been to this part of the city before.

"Isn't this place beautiful?" Florence put her hands in the air. Holly twirled her around as the two looked at all the bustling life.

"You're goona like it, Florence. It's amazing here." Thalia told her.

When they arrived at their dorm, Florence jumped up and down with excitement. "My first college dorm. It's magnificent."

The group of adults chuckled. After they all hung out for a while, they were supposed to leave.

"Since I can't visit often and can really only keep in touch with calls- I'm giving you all teary goodbyes." Florence announced.

"Oh. Great." Chris said.

"Chris you're first." Florence walked up to him and he stood tall, sure he wasn't going to cry at all. "Thank you for taking care of my mom." She hugged him and he stood surprised. "I've never called a man dad before, but you've been the best dad ever."

"Goddammit." He wrapped his arms around her as stray tears fell against his will.

"Aunt Ramona."

"Oh boy." She sighed, getting ready.

"I love you, you've been apart of my life since the start of it and I couldn't have asked for a better best friend." They hugged and Ramona held onto her hair. "It's been my pleasure, kid."

"Ellie."

She looked up, surprised she was getting one too.

"I forgive you." A brief, yet touching hug was exchanged. Ellie smiled then they let go.

"Okay everyone but mom, go." She shooed them away.

The group exhaled laughs and walked out of the room. Thalia deep breathed and smiled with red eyes.

"You have your books?"

Florence nodded, looking like she was close to crying.

"All your pens?"

"Yes."

"Extra pillows?"

Florence giggled. "Yes mom, I do."

"You're goona have a lot of fun here," she put her face in her hands. "I'm so proud of you."

"I'm proud of you. " Florence told her. "Taking me in and sticking around till the end, that's amazing." She sniffled. "Best mom ever."

"Best daughter ever." They both smiled and wiped away stray tears. Then Thalia exhaled deeply and turned around to walk out.

But Florence caught her arm to turn her around and quickly enveloped her mother in a tight hug. "I love you, always." Florence's voice cracked.

"I love you more."

loading Instagram

Liked by rolsen22 , tvdislife , and 9,104,683 others

thaliabravo: when your kid finally leaves to college 😁😁

tagged: christophrwood

view comments

candiceking: 😂😂😂

florenceb: y'all I literally just left yesterday I-

babybravo: please-

nina: empty nesters!! now we party
florenceb: nina et tu, brute??

iansomerhalder: and I wasn't invited why?
paulwesley: iansomerhalder you snooze you lose

mrswood; Florence is leaving 😖

katgraham: hope she has fun ❤️❤️

🪞