Prologue: The Beginning

“Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.”

The world is a mysterious place to live in. A man lives here for a brief sojourn not knowing his true purpose though at times he thinks he may be aware of what it is. Having no knowledge of his true purpose, one seeks for what most of us thrives. However, a man is only given one life to live and for that reason he must make every moment count. Time never bargains. It delivers us all equally to the same end. As for those who don’t see how precious life is: Death waits around the corner.

When two men fought for the same thing that they desire, in the end only one will become victorious, leaving the other crushed. However, in the eyes of this selfish man who lived dangerously, the thin line between right and wrong seemed to vanish. The image of death has come to life in his deep blue eyes. For the person who has accepted him for who he is is dying before his eyes. He wished he could travel back in time and undo what went wrong but he couldn’t. In a moment, he was sealed with fear, anger and sadness. The blood of this lifeless person scattered on the gleaming floor.

The feeling buried inside him turned him into a different person. Fear flooded his occupied mind as he kept his eye still and slowly moved away from the body. He needed to escape this dreadful scene; He cannot be caught. And so, he thought of a plot to erase himself from the incident.

In the darkness, came the light of the heart of another man. In the contrary, this man was a lot different from before. He was a man of simplicity and compassion. Little by little as he walked to the narrow aisle of the theater house, he saw the man whom he loved the most fade away. The man who sheltered him and protected him like a real father breathes his last breath. When he finally reached him, he believed it was a dream. No, it was a nightmare.

And when he finally got a sense of reality, tears start to stream down his pale face. He knew what was happening isn’t his imagination but now, a fact. He wept in hysteria as he held the hands of the dead. Darkness overshadowed the light in his heart. From a far, a strobe light approached that almost blinded his soggy eyes. Several men in uniform carrying guns entered the room. Quickly, he rose to get help while he wiped the tears in his eyes.

Nevertheless, fate was not in accord with him. The people whom he expected to help him held him, ceaselessly, captive behind the tarnished bars. He knew he had to run away from this rotten place and his only hope was his supposed-to-be brother who was merely standing in front of him. He pleaded helplessly but the man who stood before him has no heart at all. In the eyes of the world, this good man who was recognized as Sullivan Thompson was treated like a real son by the man who died. However, it is not only he who was treated preciously but also the man who was walking away. Though, how the human mind works might be as remarkable as it seems, in this man’s mind foolproof plans have been constructed. To him, it was the end of the battle for the other. It has always been a tough competition since his rival was different to him in every single way. The man who died was his real father; yet the man behind bars will never be his brother. Each day in his life, he despised him so much for the attention that should’ve been given to him alone, from his youth up till now, was given to his fake brother. He was never a family to him. He was an enemy.

Now that the sequence of tragic events has taken place, it is written in the last will that the righteous one to inherit the wealth is him. And so, the vile put on his best clothes and he prepared himself to the better things that are yet to come. He became a fine gentleman who gained supremacy and aspires for more. He was unaware that he wasn’t the man he used to be. He came into this world sculpted like an angel but time morphed him into a despicable monster that hungers for more power and wealth. All great things happen to him while his brother rots in prison little by little. The scent of riches simply does allure one and gradually starts to forget things that matter the most.

It was the 5th day of December when a man named Robert Schneider died in his own playhouse. He was here for a moment but now he is gone forever. During the night of a snowfall, he was, as the world knows it, murdered by his foster child~ Sullivan Thompson. However, it was unknown to all that there was one person who played the game unclean. The man who played by the rules was touched by death while the man who cheated sits on his golden throne.

This man was known to be Franz von Schmidt.

What the world doesn’t know that a night of tragedy has changed the lives of certain people.