Chapter Thirty-one

Start from the beginning

"Where'd you get all of that?" I said.

Charlie pointed at Tommy. "It was Tommy's."

My jaw dropped. "You made all of those? I didn't think you'd do that much work for school!" I exclaimed.

Tommy shrugged. "I just added to them. They were Elliott's originally, then he gave them to Jake, then me and then I gave them to Charlie as he was struggling with English."

The notes were on all the books that we had to study this year. I couldn't believe it, but part of me was a little bit annoyed that I was only just finding out about it.

"Have you got anything on the setting in there?" I asked.

"Setting? For which book?" Charlie asked me.

"Othello." I explained. "I don't get the significance of it."

Charlie looked through the book and found a couple pages on the setting. "Part of it's to do with entrapment. Every time the setting changes it gets smaller and smaller until the end when it ends in the bedroom — symbolising how entrapped the characters are basically. There's more on the change in setting being linked to chaos, have a look." Charlie told me, handing me the book and I looked through it.  "You get it?" He asked.

I nodded. "Thank you."

Tommy smiled at my slightly and looked down at his notes. However, he looked up at me again like he wanted to say something, but he was hesitating for some reason. I ignored him and he turned to Charlie, seemingly deciding not to say whatever it was he was going to say.

"I think Elliott's dating someone." He said.

Charlie raised his eyebrows. "Really? Do we know her?"

Tommy shook his head. "Probably not. But he's been going out a bit lately."

"We should ask him." I piped up.

Tommy and Charlie looked at me like they'd forgotten I could hear the conversation.

"Nah. He'll tell us when he wants to." Charlie said to me.

"It might not be anything serious." Tommy smirked slightly, but I just rolled my eyes.

Just then, Jake came into the room and looked at the three of us. "Hey, guys. Dinner's ready." He told us.

I scowled slightly. "Now? I'm not hungry. I've got so much work to get through." I said, looking down at the notes.

There were so many.

"Khlo you've got to eat." Jake said, frowning slightly. I looked at my brothers who were watching me carefully. Charlie was shifting uncomfortably and Tommy had his lips pursed again like he wanted to say something, but didn't.

"There's just so much I need to cover. I can eat later, it's not a big deal. I just don't have the time now." I explained.

Tommy shook his head frustratedly. "No, Khloe. We're having dinner now. It's tough." He told me and stood up.

Charlie looked at me with almost sad eyes before nodding. "Come on, Khlo. Let's go eat." He smiled, but I could tell that the smile still seemed forced.

I rolled my eyes, realising I wasn't going to win this battle and walked out of the room, past Jake and headed to the kitchen.

When I got in the kitchen, I saw that Chase was dishing up the food and Dean was already sat down. I went and sat down in an empty seat and my other brothers followed me in and did the same.

When we were all sat down, I watched as Chase put some pasta on my plate and Jake proceeded to fill all of our drinks up with water.

"How's the studying going, Khlo?" Elliott asked me, giving me a smile.

I nodded. "Better. Charlie helped." I said, and picked up my fork, taking a bite of pasta.

However, when I looked across the table, Tommy, who was sat opposite me, was watching me cautiously.

"Really? You were telling us you were stressed a minute ago." Tommy said.

I shrugged. "I am. But that always happens with exams."

Tommy narrowed his eyes at me. "Do you usually get so stressed around exams that you don't eat dinner?" He said to me and I felt all of my brother's gaze's turn to be wearily.

I shrugged. "Sometimes."

Jake sighed slightly and I met his sad eyes. "How long have you been doing that for?" He asked me.

"I don't know, okay? I just lose my appetite when I'm stressed." I said and turned back to my food, looking at the plate full of pasta. The very sight of it was making me feel nautious.

"Khloe, I've been thinking, we should get you to see a therapist or something." Elliott said to me and suddenly I felt all my brothers look at me again, but this time it was like I was under a microscope.

"I don't need a therapist." I stated. "There's nothing wrong with me." I said, dropping my fork on my plate at the thought of a stranger asking me about all my personal thoughts.

"Khlo, it's just for someone to talk to." Dean said.

I shook my head. "I'm fine! I don't need anyone."

Charlie caught my eye and a flash of hurt flashed through his bright blue eyes. I gulped. Of course, I needed him.

"Khloe, we just want you to talk to someone because you haven't been talking to us." Elliott explained.

I bit my lip, trying to prevent it from trembling. I didn't want to go to therapy.

"Khloe. It'll be good for you." Chase reassured me.

"Didn't I open up to you guys the other night?" I said. "It's not my fault that you never want to listen to me and ignore me all the time. The problems not with me, it's with you." I stated, sitting back and folding my arms.

Part of me was grateful that the conversation actually meant I didn't have to eat much more.

"I'm sorry if you feel like that, Khloe, but none of us want to do that. We're listening now and we're here now. You can talk to any of us at anytime." Elliott reassured.

I looked down at my plate as I felt all their eyes look at me with sympathy, but I knew not one of them understood.

"Please don't make me do it." I whispered.

"One session, Khloe. That's all I want you to do." Elliott told me.

I nodded, knowing I didn't have a choice.

Someone's hand put theirs on mine reassuringly and I looked up to see Jake smiling at me. He was trying to let me know he was there, but part of me was thinking where was he when all of this started?

*******

Hey thanks for reading!!!

So a little short extra chapter cos I thought you guys deserved an update after all this time!!!

Hope you enjoyed.