The Invitation

I stare at the white paper that was sent to me this morning.

Dear Fiona Lavender,

You have been invited to The Holy Temple to compete to become the apprentice of the Twelve Holy Knights. The meeting will be tomorrow afternoon. We hope to see you there.

Sincerely,
The Holy Temple

My skin color turns white as my eyes widen. The Holy Temple? I read through the letter again. I was not mistaken. I am invited to THE Holy Temple. The one where all the Twelve Holy Knights are. I swallow my saliva not knowing how I am feeling.

This is not happening. This is not happening. This is not happening.

I keep repeating those words in my head as I'm still in disbelief. Suddenly, the door opens frantically as a crowd of people enter with happy faces.

" Congratulation Fiona!" They all shout together.

I turn my attention towards them.

" I see you got accepted!"

" We signed you up when we saw the poster near the main road!"

" We thought it would be perfect for you!"

They all start to talk about the invitation and I finally lose it.

" How could you!!!" I shout loud enough for the whole village to hear.

Everyone becomes quiet as they look at me.

" You already knew that I want to stay here helping the town. I don't want to go anywhere else. Especially somewhere like the Holy Temple!" I continue shouting obviously angry.

" But Fiona, we know that and we would love it if you stayed but this is for your own good. You have the knowledge and everything. You should try to get to get a better life than being here." One of them try to reason with me.

" I don't care. I love this town. I don't want to leave! You're not allowed to change my mind!" I shout and run out of the house.

My bright blond hair flows behind me as I run away to the forest. It was quiet and peaceful. I run to farther and farther down the forest to a sky blue lake with a small island holding a beautiful green tree in the middle. My hideout.

A bridge connects the island to the land and I run across it before slumping beside the tree. I curl myself into a ball and finally let out my sadness and anger. My dark chocolate brown eyes comes out with tears while I scream.

How could they? How could they? They know I love this town. Do they want to kick me out? Am I not wanted again? Are they the same as my parents? I cry under the beautiful tree about these thoughts. A gentle hug wraps me as I know who they are.

" I don't want to go." I say.

" I know. I'm also the same. They put me in too. I also don't want to leave this place. But don't worry. If we do leave, I'll be there with you. They're not like a parents. Don't be afraid, Fiona." A gentle kind voice reassures me.

I look up to see a messy blond hair boy with brown chocolate eyes stare down at me. My 18 -year old older brother.

" George." I call and hug my brother back really confused of why this is happening.

" Fiona." He replies making the hug tighter as he pats my back.

I must keep my tears in. For George. And for Teri and Lex. They need me and I need them. I'm not a little girl anymore. I can't show any weakness.