𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎 - 𝚕𝚎𝚝'𝚜 𝚍𝚘 𝚒𝚝

Start from the beginning

Everyone went around and began killing the walkers, making the man sigh in relief. "Come on down." Rick said to the man.

The man looked around and climbed down the boulder. "You okay?" Rick asked before the man threw up, making everyone turn away in disgust.

"Sorry. Yes. Thank you." The man said. "I'm Gabriel."

"Do you have any weapons on you?" Rick asked.

"Do I look like I would have any weapons?" Gabriel asked. He was wearing a black outfit. He looked like a Father.

"We don't give two short and curlies what it looks like." Abraham said.

"I have no weapons of any kind." Gabriel said. "The word of God is the only protection I need."

"Sure didn't look like it." Daryl said.

"I called for help. Help came." Gabriel said. "Do you have...have any food? Whatever I had left, it just hit the ground."

"We got some pecans." Carl said, handing them to Gabriel.

"Thank you." Gabriel said before looking at Judith. "That's a beautiful child."

Nobody said anything.

"Do you have a camp?" Gabriel asked.

"No, do you?" Rick asked.

"I have a church." Gabriel said.

"Hold your hands above your head." Rick said and Gabriel did as he was told whilst Rick searched him. "How many walkers have you killed?"

"Not any, actually." Gabriel said.

"How many people have you killed?" Rick asked.

"None." Gabriel said.

"Well, this is going great." Madelyn whispered sarcastically to Daryl, making him nod.

"Why?" Rick asked Gabriel.

"Because the Lord abhors violence." Gabriel said.

"What have you done?" Rick asked, his usual sceptical and paranoid self. "We've all done something"

"I'm a sinner. I sin almost everyday but those sins, I confess them to God, not strangers." Gabriel said.

"You said you had a church?" Michonne asked, making Gabriel nod so the group decided to follow him back. At least it would be safer than out in the woods.

When the group arrived at the church, Gabriel handed the keys to Rick and he opened the door. Everyone walked in cautiously, just in case Gabriel was lying about it being safe. Once it had been searched and was safe, the entire group made their way outside. "I spent months here without opening the front door. If you would have found someone inside, well, it would have been surprising." Gabriel said.

"Thanks for this." Carl said.

"We found a short bus out back." Abraham said. "It don't run, but I bet we could fix it in less than a day or two. Father here says he doesn't want it. Looks like we found ourselves some transport. You understand what's at stake here, right?"

"Yes, I do." Rick said.

"Now that we can take a breath-" Michonne said.

"We take a breath, we slow down, shit inevitably goes down." Abraham said.

"We need supplies no matter what we do next." Michonne said.

"She's right. We need water, food, ammunition." Madelyn pointed out.

"Short bus ain't going nowhere." Daryl said as everyone went inside the church. "Bring you back some baked beans."

"How'd you survive here for so long?" Rick asked Gabriel once everyone was inside. "Where did your supplies come from?"

"Luck. Our annual canned food drive." Gabriel said. "Things fell apart right after we finished it. It was just me. The food lasted a long time and then I started scavenging. I've cleaned out every place nearby. Except for one."

"What kept you from it?" Rick asked.

"It's overrun." Gabriel said.

"How many?" Rick asked.

"A dozen or so. Maybe more." Gabriel said.

🧟‍♀️ 🧟🧟‍♀️ 🧟

It was nightfall and the group had returned with a ton of food for everyone to enjoy. Madelyn smiled as Daryl fed her some food and she still couldn't believe she was going to spend the rest of her life with this man. She just loved him so much, she didn't even know how to express it. She kissed his cheek before looking at the Father.

"Let's talk to the Father." Madelyn said to Daryl.

"About what?" Daryl asked with a mouth full of food, making Madelyn laugh. Another thing Madelyn loved about Daryl, he was never afraid to be himself.

"Maybe he could marry us." Madelyn said, making him put his food down and look at her.

"You think?" Daryl asked.

"Why not? We're in a church, everyone's happy. Let's do it." Madelyn asked. "I don't wanna wait any longer."

"So, we're getting married today?" Daryl asked with a smile growing on his face. Was this actually happening?

"We're getting married today." Madelyn nodded, her voice filled with excitement.

"Come here, you." Daryl smiled, pulling Madelyn onto her lap and smothering her with kisses. Madelyn was finally going to be his wife.

 Madelyn was finally going to be his wife