𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚠𝚘 - 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚍 𝚞𝚜

Start from the beginning

Michonne and Madelyn looked outside through a gap and saw walkers roaming around the place. "God, I hate sitting here not being able to do anything." Madelyn muttered as she ripped off a piece of wood and sharpened it. The people from Terminus took all their weapons so they needed something to defend themselves.

"What's the cure, Eugene?" Sasha asked, grabbing everyone's attention.

"It's classified." Eugene said, making Madelyn's heart skip a beat.

"Oh my god, there's a cure?" Madelyn asked.

"Apparently." Sasha said.

"We don't know what's gonna happen." Michonne said.

"You leave him be." Abraham said.

"We need to keep working." Maggie said.

"Yeah, but it's time to hear it." Sasha said. "'Cause we don't know what's coming next."

"What's next is we get out of here." Tara said.

"Even if I told you all, even if I provided step-by-step instructions complete with illustrations and a well-composed FAQ and I went red-ring, the cure would still die with me." Eugene said.

"All I got from that was that he said we're dumb." Madelyn said, making Tara shake her head.

"I'm not gonna let that happen." Abraham said.

"The best-case scenario, we step out into a hell storm of bullets, fire, and walkers." Eugene said. "I'm not fleet of foot. I sure as hell can't take a dead one down with sharp buttons and hella confidence."

"Yeah, but we can and we will." Michonne said.

"You don't owe us anything." Sasha said. "Not yet. But we just wanna hear it."

"You don't have to." Rosita said.

Eugene sighed and stood up, facing the group. "I was a part of a ten person team at the Human Genome Project to weaponize diseases to fight weaponized diseases. Pathogenic microorganisms, with pathogenic microorganisms. Fire with fire. Interdepartmental drinks were had, relationships made, information shared. I am keenly aware of all the details behind fail-safe delivery systems to kill every living person on this planet. I believe with a little tweaking on the terminals in DC, we can flip the script. Take out every last dead one of them. Fire with fire. All things being equal, it does sound pretty badass."

"So let's get back to work." Maggie said before the door opened and Rick appeared with a gun.

"Come on! Fight to the fence!" Rick yelled and everyone ran out of the train car.

"Maddie!" Daryl called out and Madelyn ran over to him before he handed her a knife. "Come on!"

The group ran as fast as they could, killing walkers to clear a path for them to run. When the group made it to the fence, they quickly climbed over as Rick covered them all before he quickly followed. When the group had fled Terminus, they began walking through the woods and to the spot where Rick had buried a bag of weapons. "The hell we still around here for?" Abraham asked.

"Guns, some supplies." Rick said as he began digging.

"Rick buried some weapons here in case we had to run." Madelyn said.

"Now, go along the fences. Use the rifles. Take out the rest of 'em." Rick said.

"What?" Bob asked.

"They don't get to live." Rick said.

"Rick, we got out. It's over." Glenn said as everyone else agreed.

"It's not over till they're all dead." Rick said, opening the bag and pulling a gun out.

"The hell it isn't. That place is on fire." Rosita said. "Full of walkers."

"I'm not dicking around with this crap." Abraham said. "We just made it out."

"The fences are down. They'll run or they die." Maggie said.

"Their deaths aren't worth one of our lives." Madelyn said before they heard someone approach them. It was Carol. She had Daryl and Madelyn's crossbows as well as Michonne's sword on her. Everyone was shocked to see her. Madelyn smiled and approached her before hugging her, surprising Carol. "It's good to see you back."

"Why are you hugging her? She tried to kill you." Daryl said, confusing the rest of the group members except for Rick.

"I think she saved us, D." Madelyn said.

"I'm so sorry, Madelyn. I'm-"

"Hey, it's okay. Everything is okay." Madelyn said to Carol before Rick approached her.

"Did you do that?" Rick asked, making Carol nod before he hugged her. Madelyn looked at Daryl who was looking down. He was obviously still hurt that Carol tried to kill Madelyn.

"Hey, it's time to forgive her. She saved our lives." Madelyn whispered to Daryl. He sighed and nodded before going over to Carol and giving her a hug.

"You have to come with me." Carol said. The group followed Carol until they made it to a little house where they saw Tyreese with Judith. With everything that was going on, Madelyn had completely forgotten about Judith, that she wasn't with Rick. Rick and Carl ran straight over and hugged her tight as did Sasha with Tyreese. Madelyn was so glad everyone was alive. Rick went over to Tyreese and expressed his gratitude for looking after his daughter when they thought she was dead.

"We need to go." Rick said.

"Yeah, but where?" Daryl asked.

"Somewhere far away from here." Rick said before the group went back to walking on the train track, away from Terminus.

" Rick said before the group went back to walking on the train track, away from Terminus