Chapter 1 - Honey

"Zelda, Come down!" The woman's yell over bears the EDM music playing in the room and Zelda groans. Switching off the speakers, she makes her way downstairs to the kitchen.

Satan knows what this woman wants from me.

Taking an apple from the basket on the dining table and biting into it, she raises her brows telling Tysha, her mother, to continue her speech.

"Do you remember your Dad and I's high school friends? With whose daughter you used to play with when you were little?"

Zelda shook her head and took another bite, eyes bored.

"Well, they often called but you were always away. So, there's a high school reunion and they're coming for that as well as to spend the summer here. So, I want you to be on your best behaviour." She commands.

Nodding, Zelda retreats to her room.

"Oh, and Zelda?" Her mother calls out while cutting vegetables.

"Yes?"

"You'll sharing your room so go and clean it and do a favour, don't be a bad influence on their daughter."

"Kay."

Plopping on her bed, Zelda stares at the ceiling in thought. She knew there was no point trying to protest, she didn't have a say and she knew that. Shrugging and taking another bite, she tries to remember the girl her mother said she played with. Warm...Warm eyes? Does that even make sense? Abruptly opening her eyes, she sits up on the edge of her bed.

Voice.

Her voice.

She cannot recall it but she can definitely say that it was out of this world.

dismissing her thoughts, she stands in the middle of the room and takes in the messy state. Myriad of music sheets, wires, dirty clothes, an unkempt desk and the infamous dishelmed bed. Who would even bother? discarding to do the task at hand, she decides to work on her piece more. Make adjustments, add beats, and see what needs more work.

The loud 'thump' sound resonates as the woman speeds up the steps leading to her daughter's room.

"Zelda!" she swings opens the door with it smashing on the wall besides, the aforementioned looks up from studying the musical notes. Zelda sees her mother's mouth moving though the rhythms of mellow beats flows in her ears. Taking off the headphone, she hears her mother, "you didn't clean the room?! Remy and the sowinski's will be here any minute!" as she desperately tries to clean the room seeing its evening already. Zelda sighs and is about to say when the car horn fills outside the house. Her mother gives an irritated look.

"I'll be down, in a sec." Zelda says and her mother makes a bee line to greet the guests.

Closing the programs and saving her work, taking a look outside the window, she notices the weather outside.

Its chilly today, must go for a walk. She concludes.

Going down the stairs, she hears chattering and chuckles, feeling strange in the usually quiet house. Walking into the living room, she notices figures she's never seen before. Standing near the couch where her parents sit with her little sister, Brooklyn, her mother speaks, "Zelda, meet Mr. and Mrs. sowinski, our high school best friends."

"oh please, call us Daniel and Evelyn darling. You're family." An English woman with a sweet voice spoke. Zelda assumed she's Mrs. sowinski. Beside her sat a man who gave her a small wave along with a fond smile making wrinkles around the corners of his eyes. Zelda gave a nod of acknowledgement.

"eve, where's Ari?"

"she's just taking up the small bags in the cab and-- oh! There she is." The front wooden door is creaked open and a girl with multiple bags in hand steps in.
Zelda turns around to see as her back faces the door. Though she couldn't see the girls face because the cab driver seems to shut the door for her and she mutters a 'thank you'. When the girl is done and faces the rest of them, she gives a big smile. Both pairs of parents give cheering smiles and she makes her way over.

Tysha takes an opportunity to introduce. "Arienne, this is Zelda. Zelda, Arienne."

Standing straight, the girl in the white hoodie, extends her hand to Zelda and giving a friendly smile she speaks.

"Arienne Winston sowinski."

Honey.

Her voice was honey. The sweetest. Familiar yet unknown.

Now facing the beaming girl, Zelda takes in her features closely. Long brown hair tied up in a high ponytail, high cheekbones, plump lips, bight doe eyes, a button nose and the hoodie drowning her narrow frame. Gaining herself, Zelda clasps her rough palm on Arienne's softer ones.

"Zelda cooper."

An update cuz it's my bday (◠‿◕) (and cuz this book needs more chapters sksksks)
Spread love(*^3^)/~♡

✌️V out