We sat in the car and our whole ride was silent. Not the awkward one but the comfortable one.

I don't know why I feel comfortable around him. As if I am knowing him since years.

He parked the car and I got down.
"Umm.. Sir, Thank you for today." I said to him while we were headed towards the elevator.

"I won't accept this thank you of your's" He said with a straight face looking ahead.

"Back to your expressionless self!" I said huffing.

"You never listen to me completely, Shanaya. I said I won't accept it because you are giving it to your sir. I would definitely like to hear you thanking Aarav and not your sir." He said emphasizing on the word sir.

I grinned at him and said "Thank you, Aarav."

"I don't think you need to thank me." He said turning towards me and giving me a smile.

"Yeah! Today's date should be engraved in golden words. The almighty Dr. Aarav Kapoor decided to smile at me." I said dramatically.

"I still find you an annoying kid, Oberoi." He said rolling his eyes.

"And I still find you a jerk." I said scowling.

"I thought you found me expressionless?" He asked raising his brows.

"Yeah! There are lots and lots of adjectives for you. You'll come to know about them eventually." I said shrugging and the elevator dinged.

I got out of the elevator and walked towards my apartment. I punched the code, turned around and called
"Aarav."
He turned around and looked at me raising his brow.

Stop being this handsome!

"You should smile more often. You look cute with a smile on." I said giggling and went in closing my door with a thud.

I was just boling noodles when my phone started ringing.

"Hello, old man." I answered the call giggling.

"I am not that old!" He whined.

"Okay, you're not. By the way how did you call me in your office hours?" I asked him looking at the time.

"Actually, I wanted to tell you that we have to attend a function on weekend. So come home, Shana."
He said

"Function? What function? If it is some business function, I am not goin— i started but was soon cut off by my dad.

"Shana, it is not some business function. Actually there is a party held at Kapoor mansion because it is Mr. & Mrs. Kapoor's 35th anniversary." He said and I was confused.

Mr. & Mrs. Kapoor?

"Kapoor as in Dr.Aarav Kapoor's parents?" I asked to confirm my doubt.

"Yess. So, come home on friday directly after your duty." He said.

"Okay, dad. I'll talk to you later."
I said and hung up. I just put off the stove and I was greeted by the most dreadful site. I screamed at the top of my lungs and just then the doorbell rang.

My saviour!

I ran towards the door as if my life depended on it. Quickly I opened the door and saw Aarav standing over there.
I pulled him inside by holding his wrist and he just stood there confused.

"What's wrong with you, woman?" He asked me annoyed.

"Thank god! You are here on time. Otherwise I was going to die today." I exclaimed.

"What? Is everything okay? I just came to return your sling you forgot it in my car." He said with a frown etched on his face.

"Leave that sling. Come with me." I said snatching the sling bag from his hand and throwing it somwehere on the couch. I held his hand again and dragged him towards the kitchen.

"What are you upto? Can you tell me atleast?" He asked annoyed but I gave no fucks to him and kept on dragging him.

When we reached the kitchen, I left his wrist and turned towards him.
"Can you see there behind me on the wall?" I asked and confused he scanned his eyes all over the kitchen and when finally his eyes landed on what I was talking about he looked at me and was trying really hard not to laugh.

"You're scared of the lizard?" He asked stiffling his laugh.

"Eeww! Don't even take the creepy creatures name in front of me. Just do something about it. Otherwise I am sure as hell going to die due to high blood pressure!" I said huffing.

And what did he do?

He started laughing.

So ladies and gentlemen this is another one of the reasons I call him a jerk!