• thirty five •

Start from the beginning

"I kept my identity pretty guarded this past couple years, faced a lot of deception." Peter started, and I rolled my eyes, leaning back in my chair.

"That's not my fault." I said, making Peter scoff.

"It's partly your fault."

"Just because I didn't tell you my identity, doesn't make it my fault." I argued, but he held up a hand to silence me.

The nerve of this boy.

Outrageous.

"Anyway, I'm tired of the lies, so it's time for the truth to be out there." Peter said, pausing for a moment and looking between Happy and May.

"Are you dating?"

Happy and May gave opposite answers simultaneously, and turned to look at eachother wish surprised expressions.

They began talking over eachother, and I locked eyes with Peter, gesturing out the window.

"We should go."

"Yeah, we've got to go see Mr Stark." Pete said, standing up and taking my hand.

"Swing there?" I asked, and he nodded, sliding the window open and putting his mask on.

May and Happy kept rambling, so Peter wrapped his arm around my waist, and jumped out the window while I tightening my legs around his hips.

"Which was is the hospital again?!" Peter yelled, and I burst into laughter, trying to look around without getting bugs in my eyes.

"Go left!"

After a few directions as a few more swings, we landed outside the hospital.

"How do you think he's doing?" I asked, and Peter shrugged, taking my cheeks in his hands and looking into my eyes.

"I'm not sure, but I love you no matter what."

"I love you too." I whispered, and we shared a tender kiss, before we walked into the hospital, hand in hand.

We reached Tony's room, and I softly knocked on the door, before pushing it open slightly.

"Hey, room for some visitors?" I asked quietly, and I saw him nod.

"Always, I love the attention."

"Yeah, he's fine." I whispered to Peter, and giggled while I pushed open the door.

We walked in, and Peter closed the door behind us while we got comfortable next to Tony's bed.

"So, how are you feeling Mr Stark?" Peter asked, and I too Tony's hand in mine, giving it a small squeeze.

"Better, thanks kid."

"Has anyone come to visit you, maybe told you about what happened?" I asked, and Tony sighed, gesturing to the television.

"They didn't have to."

"That didn't answer my question, though." I pointed out, and Tony smirk at me.

"You know me too well but yes, Happy filled me in."

"So you know I gave Edith to Beck." Peter said, and Tony gave him a disappointed look before nodding.

"I am aware of that too."

"I'm so, so sorry." He whispered, but Tony shook his head, smiling a little.

"People don't learn if they don't make mistakes, kid."

"You're not mad?" Peter asked, hope in his voice, making Tony shrug.