• eight •

Phoenix Haynes

"So," Peter said, turning to me and crossing his arms over his chest.

"I suppose now you know I'm Spiderman, you won't be calling me Spiderboy anymore?" He asked, making me laugh.

"In your dreams, Spiderboy."

He audibly groaned, and I smirked to myself.

"Maybe I'll keep calling you Shadow then." Peter said, making me shrug.

"Sure, whatever you want." I laughed, knowing he was trying to get under my skin.

It wouldn't work, though.

"You're the worst."

"No, you love me." I teased Peter, pinching his cheeks, but he slapped my hand away.

"Don't do that!" He groaned, and I chuckled.

"Because Aunt May does?"

"Yes." Peter sighed, making me smile.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked, and he nodded.

"Anything."

"Did you think, even for a moment, that Shadow was me?" I questioned Peter, who shrugged.

"The thought did cross my mind."

"Yeah?" I pushed for him to elaborate, and he nodded

"Yeah, when I'd message Shadow or the groupchat and your phone would ding, I thought 'what if?'" Peter admitted, making me smile.

"I thought the same for you."

"Also I had a small gut feeling." He said, and I laughed.

"Did you get a "Peter Tingle?'" I asked, making Peter roll his eyes.

"Where did you hear that?"

"That's for me to know, and for you to never find out." I joked, and we giggled for a minute, before falling into a comfortable silence.

"Do you think the others are okay?"

"I don't know, I hope so." I sighed, looking out into the void of space.

"I don't even know how many Infinity Stones Thanos has yet." I admitted, brushing a hand through my hair, and Peter counted on his fingers.

"I think Bruce said he had two."

"Fingers crossed it stays that way." I said, jumping down to find Stephen and Tony, while Peter followed me.

"What do you think is gonna happen, Nix?"

"The fight of our lives, probably." I shrugged, but a large thud interrupted us.

"Hey, what's going on?" Peter asked, and we walked up to Tony and Strange.

"Is that where we're going?" I asked, pointing to the planet, making Stephen nod.

"I think we're here."

"I think we're approaching the ground a little faster than we want to." I pointed out, and Tony looked at Peter.

"I don't think this rig has a self-park function."

"Get your hand into this steering gimbal. Close those around it. You understand?" He asked, a sense or urgency in his voice, and Peter nodded, rushing over.

"Yep, got it."

"This was meant for one big guy, so we gotta to move at the same time." Tony said, and I stepped back to see Stephen.