• twenty three •

Phoenix Haynes

Phoenix Haynes

I sat on the couch inbetween Peter and Pepper, Morgan sitting on my lap.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn't always roll that way, maybe this time though." Natasha said, her hologram smiling softly.

"I'm hoping if you play this back, it's in celebration. I hope families are reunited, I hope we get it back, and something like a normal version of the planet has been restored, if there ever was such a thing." She said, and Peter placed his hand on mind, knowing I was really struggling.

Nat was one of my favourite people in the entire universe, and she was just gone.

What a cruel world.

"God what a world, universe now. If you told me ten years ago that we weren't alone, let alone to this extent, I mean, I wouldn't have been surprised, but come on, you know?" Nat rambled, and I smiled at the thought of her bright face.

"The epic forces of darkness and light that have come into play, and for better or worse, that's the reality everyone is going to have to find a way to live in."

Everyone sat silently, most of us had tears streaming down our cheeks, and I held Morgan while she watched, confused.

"So I thought I'd probably better record a little greeting in the case of an untimely death on my part. I mean, not that, death at any time isn't untimely." Nat said, and I laughed softly, wiping the tears from my face  making room for fresh ones.

"This time travel thing that we're gonna try and pull off tomorrow, it's got me really worried about the survivability of it all, that's the thing. Then again, that's the hero gig, part of the journey is the end." She rambled, but shook the thoughts out of her head, getting up and walking towards the camera.

"What am I even worried about? Everything is going to work out exactly the way it's supposed to." She said, smiling at the camera, before it turned off.

We all got up, walking outside to send a wreath down the river, and Peter kept my hand in his the entire time.

Pepper, Morgan, Happy and Rhodey stood together, while Steve, Peter, May and I comforted eachother.

Thor, Bruce, Stephen and Wong stood further back, while Scott, Hope, Janet and Hank layed their respects.

Quill, Nebula, Rocket, Groot, Drax, and Mantis came too, even though they never really knew Nat.

T'Challa, Okoye, Shuri and Nakia made sure to make an appearance, knowing how much Nat did for the world.

Clint, Laura and the kids showed up, and I knew they were all devastated.

Nat was a big part of their family.

Wanda, Bucky and Sam were silent most of the time, and it was obvious they were all grieving in their own way.