• five •

Phoenix Haynes

Phoenix Haynes

"Hello?" I asked, holding my phone to my ear as I pulled my dress on, getting ready for school.

"Hey, Shadow."

Tony.

"What's up, Stark?" I asked, and I heard a laugh in the background.

Is that Clint?

"Guess what Spiderman told us last night." He said, making my heart pound.

"What did Spiderboy tell you?" I asked, walking out the door and starting the trek to school.

"He told me that he got a fireworks show for you."

"Yeah, he did." I smiled to myself, looking at the blue sky.

"Yet you still aren't together?!" Clint exclaimed, and I laughed.

"Is Barton drunk?" I asked, and I heard Tony sigh.

"We both are."

"Day drinking?" I asked, shaking my head.

"For shame."

"Coming from the child."

"Coming from the adults invested in my non existent love life." I shot back, and I heard Clint make a sizzle noise in the background.

"He told us he has a crush on you!" Clint shouted down the phone, making me smile to myself.

I mean, it's not surprising.

"Did he really tell you that?" I asked, kicking a stone on the pavement.

"Because if you're messing with me, I will take both of you on, and I promise I'll win." I threatened, making them both laugh.

"We're not pranking you, Shadow." Tony said sincerely, and I opened the door to my school, heading to science.

We have our presentation today.

"Okay, well I have to go." I sighed, and they both screamed nonsense down the phone before I hung up, walking into class.

"Hey!" Peter exclaimed, and I smiled at him, sitting next to MJ.

"Almost thought you were gonna bail on us, Nix." She said, making me laugh.

"After all the work we've put into this assignment?" I asked, grabbing my script out.