The Error

As soon as Jake hit the button to send him back to the present, he and Mathew felt a familiar lurch of the time machine hurtling itself into the time warp that allowed them to travel into the future. As soon as the hurtling machine stood still, Jake carefully opened the door and stepped out, he knew there was something wrong. What he saw was the ocean. But what he was confused about was the fact the ocean was still clear blue, without any plastic floating in the vast grey that he was used to seeing. What he realised was that he had travelled back too long in time. But he didn't know how long. He could have travelled back 100 million years ago, 1 million years ago or even just a few thousand years ago. 

Jake ran back into the slowly sinking time machine and told Mathew that they had travelled back too far in time and were slowly sinking back into the ocean. They travelled back and dragged their machine back onto the island that they had found nearby. The sandy yellow shores were surprisingly sharp, and the fact that the ocean was a barren wasteland in the 2300's, the ocean seamed like a diamond in comparison to the ocean they had grown up learning about. What was odd was that there didn't seem to be any humans anywhere so Jake had guessed that they had come before the dawn of humanity, but it didn't seem correct. Since humans had come from Africa, did this mean that they might be during the time at the dawn of humanity but the humans had not reached.

(A/N) Will update later on this story hope you enjoyed and please upvote :) Also thinking of making a Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) fanfic soon.