A Different Way of Coping

ابدأ من البداية

Bakugo immediately grabbed his shoes from beside the door and rushed out, trying to be as quiet as he could as he hurriedly closed the door behind him and began to put on his shoes, jumping on one foot, and then on the other as he slipped them on. He immediately ran to his right, on high alert as he tried to make out his surroundings, slowly getting adjusted to the darkness.

He turned the corner, and he could see one of the figures turning right, towards one of the student dorms. Now, Bakugo would've let that go as someone breaking the rules and simply wandering around, but then, there was the chance that was gnawing awfully in the back of his mind: if that wasn't a student but a villain, would Midoriya be okay?

Bakugo recounted the distance to the building. One building away, just after the dorms of Class 1B. That meant that was Midoriya's dormitory, and Bakugo wouldn't dare not make sure if his carelessness could possibly lead to severe consequences.

He wasn't about to mess up again and leave Midoriya, especially not if he knew he might be in danger.

_________________

Midoriya yawned as he stretched, turning towards his dormitory after bidding a lazy goodnight to his partner, as strange as it was to call Aizawa that. He felt exhaustion slowly began to overtake him, his shoulders slumping and back arching lazily with every step he took.

Although, sleep forgotten, he swirled around and scanned his surroundings quickly as he heard a rustle coming from the bushes not too far away from him. There was no wind, and there couldn't be any animals on campus either. It was also against the rules to be outside this late, excluding Midoriya, since he had a pass in case any of the teachers caught him wandering around.

That's right, teachers. It could be a teacher observing him, possibly not recognizing him in the darkness. But then, would they seriously go as far as not walking up directly to him and not restraining him immediately if they weren't sure? Something was off.

"Who's out there?" Midoriya snapped harshly, not loud enough for it to be a yell, but loud enough for whoever had been in the bushes second earlier to hear. Midoriya stood in place for another few seconds, before once again scanning the area thoroughly.

Midoriya swirled around as he hear rustling coming from behind, from the direction of the dormitory, and raised his arm so that he could hit whoever was behind them. It took a second for Midoriya to process who was no in front of him though, but luckily, he was able to stop his fist right in time before he hit the familiar, now startled male.

"Kacchan." Midoriya stated more than asked, letting out a relieved sigh as he wiped his forehead from the sweat that had gradually began to form.

"Goddamnit, you're such a fucking piece of shit." Bakugo grunted as he stepped back from Midoriya, gaining distance as they both finally understood who the other was. "What the hell are you doing out here this fucking late?"

"I could ask you the same question."

"I fucking asked you first, shithead, but you're at fucking fault that I'm fucking freezing out here in the bushes." Midoriya frowned at that, even more confused, but shook his head as he scanned his surroundings again before starting to walk towards the dormitory.

"We can talk inside." He quickly threw in Bakugo's direction.

"Don't tell me what to do!" Bakugo snarled as he began to follow Midoriya at a quickly-walking pace.

The two entered the 1C dormitory and took off their shoes, Midoriya leading him into similarly placed kitchen and taking out two mugs, before taking out tea bags and starting to prepare tea for the freezing Bakugo and himself.