She didn't look impressed. 

She blinked at me, her face sullen and eyes narrowed as she rolled her eyes. 

"Ooh, the puppy's getting an attitude," I chuckled. 

"If you didn't eat then all I'm making you is ramen," she told me, cuddling back in my chest. 

"You say that like ramen's a bad thing," I retorted, running my fingers through her hair. 

But I couldn't help the smile that found its way to my face. I found it unbelievable how much she could care about other people, more specifically, how much she could care about me.

How could she care about me? A monster?

No one had bothered to ask me these kinds of questions growing up. It was always a game of survival and fending for myself. But with her, she actually cared. She patched up my wounds, made sure I ate, made sure I was comfortable when we cuddled and waited up for me at night. 

She took the time to get to know my dislikes and likes. But it didn't matter because the only thing I'd ever like was her. 

I hated everything else besides her. 

I hated everyone else besides her. 

Who would've thought Nocitfer would ever cuddle in the first place? 

Certainly not me. 

It was the little things she did that made me feel like I wasn't a monster. She made me feel human yet like a god at the same time. She made my heartbeat better yet unhealthily fast at the same time. 

She made me happy.

She made me feel like I was fucking high all the damn time. 

She was the Ecstacy that teenagers took. 

She was the Euphoria that people wanted to get. 

She was a drug that I was addicted to. 

She could be bad for me but I didn't fucking care. 

I didn't care as long as I had her. 

My grumpy puppy.

~~~~~

The morning...

Why the fuck is the sun so bright?

I turned around on my bare stomach with a groan, turning away from the sun and my arm outstretched as I looked for Ariella's body. I patted all over her side of the bed, still half-asleep, and eventually got annoyed to open my eyes. 

She wasn't here. 

I tensed against the bed as I lifted my head, grimacing from the sun, and looked around the room. 

Then the door opened to reveal her body glistening in sweat from her workout. Her waist was small and toned as her slight ab-lines flexed with every breath as a bead of sweat trickled down her collarbone and disappearing down her sports bra, highlighting her breast more. I studied the plump curve of her backside, admiring the difference between her waist to her hips. 

Her long toned legs, smooth and fair like her arms. Her full pink lips parted slightly as she breathed deeply from the workout. They shone, just waiting to be kissed. Her perfect freckles laid out on her face like little blessings as her eyes sparkled from the sun like her gold-stained hair that was tied away from her face. 

Her whole body seemed to glow from the sweat like she was kissed by the morning dew. She looked ethereal. 

Well, good morning to me.