045

tears continued to run on her cheeks as she silently jogged away. miya received a lot of stares from her fellow students, so she fastened her pace. after throwing the locket away, she couldn't help but break down. she told jiwoo not to follow her and she thankful that she didn't. she arrived at the women's restroom and fortunately for her, it was empty. 

she took a deep breath and turned the tap water on, gathering a pool on her palms and throwing it on her face, in hopes of calming her nerves. for so long, she denied her feelings for taehyung when she already knew she fell hard for him. for so long, she actually believed they were meant for each other. turns out, she was wrong.

exhaling hard, she looked ahead and saw her reflection. her face was puffy and her eyes were red from the tears. unconsciously, her hand went to her neck. the absence of the locket felt like a part of her was taken away. it had been with her for so long, it felt weird not seeing it hanging on her neck. 

it felt empty. she felt empty.

releasing a long sigh, she shakes her head and washed her hands before wiping them on her school skirt and leaving the restroom. miya wanted fresh air. with that, she decided to head to the rooftop. not a lot of people liked to go to the rooftop, which was a big relief to miya.

when she finally arrived, she took a deep breath and smiles a little from the scent. she then proceeds to sit on the corner, hugging her knees and closing her eyes to relax more. she wanted to clear her mind, she didn't want to think about anything right now. she just wanted to relax and be at peace. 

just when she was about to give into relaxation, a raspy voice startles her. "hello," the man greeted. alarmed, miya immediately shoots her head up. it was a man with blue hair, features almost resembling a cat. from the looks of it, one person only came up to mind, "yoongi?"

yoongi's brows rose as he held an amused expression, "so you already know who i am, great, no more extra introductions for me," he grinned. "jiwoo told me about you one time," she mutters under her breath before shaking her head, "what are you doing here anyways?"

"i know what happened to you, miya," he starts, catching miya's attention. she slowly stands up and lets herself lean on the cold pavement, "i was here the whole time. i saw you crying," he continues. miya visibly frowns, "okay, and?"

"i'm here to offer you two choices," miya raises her eyebrows, wanting yoongi to continue. the man smiled, "one, you can go back to the 18th century," a misty smoke came out of yoongi's palm and forming a glowing circle, blinding miya for a second. but then, the glowing stopped and it showed taehyung crying on his bed while his aunt was consoling him quietly. miya felt her heart break at the sight, she wanted to hold him and tell him everything was going to be alright.

she blinked her tears away before yoongi started talking yet once again, "or, you could stay here and watch taehyung fall in love with someone else."

the scene shifted to taehyung smiling with a girl with her back facing miya. taehyung was smiling, he looked so happy. he gave the girl a peck on the forehead as they shared a tight hug. she felt a tug in her heart. the mist disappeared and yoongi smiled at her, "your choice?"

she and yoongi stared at each other. miya thought about it, hard. after a moment, she finally makes a decision. 

yoongi smiles at this and puts his hand out for miya to shake. miya gulped and nodded before taking his hand. she just hoped it was the right decision.

▪▪▪

"oh my god," taehyung breathed out, "i need to find miya." he then sprints away, leaving a very confused jiwoo, "WAIT WHAT HAPPENED?!," she yelled but received no response. frowning, she contemplated whether to follow taehyung or not. making up her mind, she follows taehyung but he was way out of her sight. 

taehyung, however, did not know where miya was. now that he remembers everything, he needed to find her, quick. seeing some students chatting, he decided to ask them, "hey, did you guys see park miya anywhere?"

they all furrowed their eyebrows and shook their heads but luckily, one of them spoke, "park miya? i saw her walking that way," he points to where the stairway to the rooftop was. muttering a quick thank you, he runs way up to the rooftop. panting, he reached the doors and bust through it.

there, he saw miya shaking hands with min yoongi. they both faced the door due to the loud noise. miya was shocked while yoongi looked like he knew this was going to happen. 

holding the locket up, he smiled while miya looked confused. taehyung took a few steps closer to miya and said, "i thought you promised me you'd never take it off?"

▪▪▪

short chapter cuz omg two chapters left and this story ends </3

//miks