12. You Look Perfect

Start from the beginning

"You're right. I'll write to Charlie tomorrow and let him know I'll go on the date." Eloise said with a smile.

Fleur clapped her hands together happily, "Oh, I am so excited! Don't worry about your outfit or makeup, I will figure everything out for you."

"Fleur, I'd like to have some input on how I'll look."

But Fleur simply ignored her friend as she rose from the table. Fleur practically floated across the kitchen and resumed cleaning the dishes, humming a song happily as she did so. Before she even had the chance to reply to Charlie,  Eloise could already tell that Fleur was planning out every detail in her head as if it was her own first date.

It was clear that Fleur seemed much more excited and confident about this situation than Eloise. Her heart was conflicted, but that didn't mean she wasn't intrigued by the unknown. There's always a risk to taking chances, but the reward could be incredible. All she had to do before the weekend was try to push thoughts of George out of her mind, something that was much easier said than done.

-

The following Saturday evening Charlie was pacing the living room of the flat he shared with George, waiting for Dhani and Eloise to arrive. He had suggested that the couple to meet at the store for the first time in an attempt to be polite and create less pressure for them. Though Charlie wasn't much of a romantic, he did pride himself on making people feel welcome and at ease, it was a gift most of the Weasleys had.

George entered the main door of the flat with an annoyed expression, and his eyes sent daggers right at Charlie.

"What are you pacing for? The sound of your bloody footsteps over my head have been annoying me for the last half hour, I'm trying to get work done."

"Oh sorry mate, I'm just waiting for Eloise and-"

"Eloise? She's coming here?" George interrupted with a slight tone of urgency in his voice.

"Oh, well yes I-"

"What for?" he demanded.

"Well if you would stop interrupting me I'll tell you." Charlie said impatiently.

George sighed and crossed his arms, "Go on then."

"My mate Dhani is visiting his sister and her husband this week, and I sort of offered to set him up with Eloise."

"Sort of?" George pressed with a raised eyebrow.

"Well, sort of as in I definitely did set them up and they are both on their way here right now." Charlie said with a weak smile as he rubbed his hand on the back of his neck.

"You're kidding me."

"No, I-"

"And what made you think that was a good idea?" George interrupted once more, a scowl now prominent on his face as his jealousy grew.

"I don't know, she's nice, he's nice. I figured they'd get on. I thought I was doing you a favor."

George laughed darkly, "Me a favor?"

"You never want Eloise around. You're always avoiding her, so if they hit it off she'll probably bother you less. Isn't that what you wanted?"

"Well, I mean I suppose." George mumbled as he ran his hand through his hair.

"I'm sorry mate, but you can't have it both ways."

"What are you on about?"

"You can't expect her to keep making an effort to get to know you while you always push her away. It isn't fair to her."