Chapter 7

(Izuku's POV)
A week had passed and it was the day of the trip. We were told the address a day prior and, of course, I sent it to Shigaraki when I was out of sight from anyone who might ask questions.

Last time I met up with the league, they gave me a burner phone with a single contact - in the likely event that I needed to send them information untraced. Carrying two phones with me at all times may look suspicious, thankfully our bags rarely, if ever, got checked. Strange for such a high security building, but I'm not complaining.

The last seven days have been what I can only describe as hell. Pretending to be kind and considerate as well as having to act like I care about learning and heroics. It was difficult and required a lot of self restraint, but I got through it with nearly no suspicion placed on me. Nearly none. Bakugou keeps giving me that look as if to say 'I know what you're planning', but I seem to remember that always being the case with him.

I spent the bus ride to the aforementioned warehouse where we would be doing our extra training staying quiet, keeping my head down, and not making any eye contact.

This shouldn't make anyone wary of me, since both Iida and Uraraka - the only people I seem to talk to - were both preoccupied. Iida was shouting at people to be quiet and sit down, whilst Uraraka was having a conversation with Tsu.

My heart was thrumming like a cricket the entire journey, I found it hard to contain my excitement. Soon, I checked my watch, in just over an hour, they'll all be either dead or dying.

After what felt like a n eternity, we finally arrived. The place wasn't as rundown as I imagined. Instead of the mildew patches and leaky pipes common for a barely used warehouse, it was strangely clean and well kept. Of course, it's UA for crying out loud!

The lights didn't flicker, the walls didn't drip, the paint didn't peel even the slightest bit. It was... sensible... cheery almost.

I'd just about forgotten why we were here in the first place when Aizawa spoke up.

"Okay then, we're all here. The first activity we will go through is a game of Mafia. I assume you all know how to play?" he asked in a grumpy tone.

Most of the class nodded, but Kaminari raised his hand.

"Actually, sir, I don't know how to play," he answered, immediately regretting so as tired, red eyes locked into him in mild annoyance.

"Well, Kaminari," Aizawa started, "we will be playing a simplified version today. But keep in mind, just because the rules are simpler, it doesn't mean the game itself is. Usually there are multiple mafia members far outnumbered by townsfolk, however this particular version of the game will have 19 townsfolk, 1 mafia member and no extra roles whatsoever. This will make it harder for the townsfolk to find the single mafia member, but it will also be harder for the mafia member to kill the vast majority of you. So I guess it's a win-win situation, or a lose-lose depending on how you want to see it. Everybody understand? Great, let's begin randomly assigning roles," he finished.

We were each given a piece of paper with our roles written on it. Who would've guessed, I was the mafia.

I slowly decimated the entire class. No one suspected me, and my cute, innocent persona made it all the more believable.

Around 20 minutes later it was down to me, Momo, Shoji and Hagakure - everyone else was 'dead'. I only needed to kill one more and it would be a win. On my turn, I decided to kill Momo and, even when it was time for the big reveal, my classmates were convinced it was Shoji. The look of playful surprise and betrayal on their faces was priceless.

If only those looks were genuine, I thought to myself, I think I'll do it soon - hurt one of them. This is just the calm before the storm.

I checked my watch. It was 10:30, Shigaraki said he'd get here about 10:45. I decided to strike.

"Now that the first game is over, I'd like you all to-" Aizawa was just about to say something. I stood up from my seat on the floor, cutting him off.

"Actually, Mr. Aizawa, I'd like to say something first," I raised my hand slightly as I spoke, using my other hand to silently prepare the knife I had hidden up my sleeve. Aizawa nodded for me to continue.

"I'd like to congratulate you all, my classmates, on trying so hard to uncover the traitor in your midst. Even though your attempts were fruitless, you should know that each and every one of you has the potential to be a great hero. But, you guys should really know just one thing," I paused for a second, "...Koda, could you come over here a second?"

He got up and self consciously made his way to me.

"You guys really need to learn how to read between the lines."

I took the knife from up my sleeve and jabbed it into Koda's abdomen. I pushed the blade in deep, twisted it, then pulled it out again. Laughter escaped my throat as everyone's looks of confusion quickly turned into horror. He fell to the floor.

As if I'd timed it perfectly, the League of Villains came tearing through the warehouse walls. Nomus rampaged, lowlife thugs attacked the students, and I was left standing in the middle of a pool of blood, knife in hand, sides splitting with sadistic joy. Kurogiri and Shigaraki stood just behind me in either side, watching the chaos.

~~~

Despite our best efforts, no one was killed. Even Koda was taken to hospital in a stable enough condition to survive. Teachers and students alike ranged from slightly bruised to severely injured, but none dead. We had been beaten by those pathetic wannabes. In the end we had to retreat, only bringing a few nomus with us.

I had to stay at the LOV base after that, I would definitely be arrested if I showed up at UA, even just to get my pencil case back.

I doubt I would be able to go home to see my mother either - the heroes probably told her about the whole Koda thing. Thankfully, there were some spare clothes laying around the base - mostly stained hoodies and worn jeans, but that's fine. Anything to get out of that dreaded, blood-soaked hero uniform.

My face was on both missing and wanted posters around the neighbourhood, I even saw myself on the news one time. The heroes won't find me though, not until they see what we've got planned for next time.