Chapter 5: The Death of Mara Jade

(The Next Day)

Y/N's P.O.V

The following day after my talking with Ben/Kylo I spent the whole day in my quarters racked with guilt.

It hit me like a ton of bricks when I heard uncle Luke talk about aunt Mara as I do know what happened to her, but he doesn't.

Neither does Rey and I know I can't keep it from either of them for much longer as I do love them both, but obviously in different ways.

As I'm sitting in the corner pondering I then hear the door open and I see Rey standing there with a tray in her hands.

She walks in the room.

Rey: I haven't seen you all day and I thought you might be hungry so I brought you some food.

I look up at her.

Y/N: Thanks, but I'm not hungry.

I stand up and go over to the work bench in my room.

Rey: You've been off since our talk with Luke yesterday. So, are you gonna tell me what's going on? Because I can't help you through it if I don't know.

I sigh and try to hold back the tears.

Y/N: My aunt Mara, I was there when she died. She died in my arms, Rey. I should have been able to save her, if I had gotten there sooner I could have saved her.

I feel the tears running down my face.

Y/N: She wasn't just my aunt ya know? She was like a second mother to me, she and I had a similar connection that Ben and I had or have I guess.

Rey: What happened the day you found her Y/N?

(Flashback)

(30 ABY. Six months after the destruction of the Jedi temple. Y/N's age: 16)

Y/N's P.O.V

So after six months of searching I finally found aunt Mara. She was being held by the First Order at a base they have on Lothal.

After sneaking into the base I find out where their holding aunt Mara I head there.

I get to her cell I took out the two guards guarding the door. After taking her lightsabter back from one of them I open up the door.

I was horrified by what I saw.

I saw aunt Mara being held up by a force field and as I got closer I had seen that those Stormtroopers have been torturing her.

Once I get close enough I deactivate the force field and catch her in my arms.

Y/N: Aunt Mara? Are still with me? Come on, aunt Mara. Please wake up.

I then see her open her eyes.

Mara: Y/N? Is that you?

I smile at her.

Y/N: Yeah, it's me. I'm gonna get you out of here.

I try to lift her up but she's in too much pain.

Mara: No Y/N stop, you can't save me now. This is it for me now.

I feel tears in my eyes.

Y/N: No! No! No! Please aunt Mara, I can't lose you too.

She puts her hand on my cheek.

Mara: You're never gonna lose me sweetie. I'll always be with you. I love you Y/N Solo.

I feel the tears running down my face.

Y/N: I love you too aunt Mara.

She then dies, right there in my arms.