Chapter 30 - Valentine's Day

Start from the beginning

Lily blushed at the thought of James.

"We're doing fine," she said. "He can be a bit annoying though," she said.

I laughed. "I can't relate, but I bet Tom can."

"What about me?" I heard someone say behind me. It was Tom.

"Oh hi, Tommy," I said.

I eyed me. I told you not to call me that in public. His glare said.

"I meant Tom," I corrected myself.

He smiled. "Yes, you did."

・゚✧magical time skip to Slughorn's dinner party・゚✧

・゚✧the outfit I choose (feel free to share in the comments・゚✧

(Lol, just ignore the fancy stuff on the side)

I didn't feel like wearing a dress so I wore something acceptable for a nice Valentine dinner. I clipped my hair with a simple black bow. Once I looked satisfied with my looks, I walked to Slughorn's office. I suddenly bumped into someone (not literally). It was Severus Snape.

"Y/N," he said.

"Severus."

We knew that we were both reporters to Dumbledore so we didn't talk much or others would get suspicious. We walked together to Slughorn's office.

"How's Lily doing?" he asked.

"She's happy," I said.

"Oh? Is that so?"

"Yes."

"And how are you doing? You know, with Tom and choosing having to choose a side," he asked me.

I hesitated to choose.

"I'm on my side," I said. "Like it or not, I'm going to protect both the people I love even if it means I have to constantly lie to them or die trying."

Severus looked impressed by my answer.

We reached Professor Slughorn's office.

"It seems we have something in common then," he said and opened the door for me.

I thanked him and walked over to Tom.

"Oh, you're here! We were wondering when you two were going to show up," Slughorn said with a laugh.

I fake laughed. "Well, I was busy reading and lost track of time."

"That's perfectly fine. There is never a wrong time to learn," Professor Slughorn said.

I smiled and took my seat.

The professor clapped his hands twice and food appeared on the table. Most of the foods were traditional Valentine colors. The napkins had animated penguins and flamingos dancing.

We mostly talked about what most of us were planning to do in the future after we leave Hogwarts.

"What about you, Tom? What are your plans?" Professor Slughorn asked Tom.

Tom smiled (although I was the only one who knew it was a fake smile) and replied.

"I plan on changing the world," he said.

I tensed. On the other hand, Professor Slughorn looked impressed.

"Wow, Tom. How? Do you have an invention you're working on or something?" Slughorn asked.

Tom smiled for real this time. "Or something."

"Well, then. I've always loved a good mystery. I can't wait to see how you're going to change the world, Tom."

"Neither can I," Tom said.

・゚✧time skip・゚✧

I was walking out of Professor Slughorn's office with Tom.

"That was an interesting answer, Tom," I said.

He smirked.

"I know."

A few seconds of silence passed.

"I found a place for us to go after we graduate," Tom said.

"Really? Where?"

"It's an old manor. It's dirty and abandoned, but with a touch of magic, it'll be home," he said.

"Oh, well... that's great!" I said enthusiastically. "When will I get to see it?"

"After we graduate, we'll be moving there," he said.

"Ok."

"What do you know about Rowena Ravenclaw's Diadem?" he asked, out of the blue.

I was surprised by his question since he didn't seem to take interest in Ravenclaw.

"Well, there's a rumor about Rowena Ravenclaw's daughter haunting the school. Perhaps you could find her and ask?" I suggested.

Tom's pale face brightened.

"Right. Thanks, Love," he said and kissed me on the forehead. He quickly ran off to find her.

I let out a depressed sigh. There was no stopping him at all.

---

I don't know what to put for the Author's Note, but in case you weren't aware, this is Tom and Y/N's FIRST AND LAST year at Hogwarts and they're doing pretty well.

Sincerely, tomriddleisswag.

🤎⌛️☕️

3/22/21