Chapter 12: Hunt

It had been three weeks since school ended. Harry had decided to stay at Hogwarts for the summer, not wanting to put the Dursleys at risk, he may have hated them, but they were still his family. Dumbledore allowed this, knowing Voldemort wouldn't come near Harry if he were around.

Hermione had gone back to her parents for the summer but was granted permission to use the floo network to get to Hogwarts, should she want to train with Harry. They trained almost every day, with the help of the remaining members of the Order Of The Phoenix. However, they were no closer to finding out where the real locket was; they decided they needed to gather all the Horcruxes together before destroying them as Voldemort may have found out if they were collecting them one by one.

Harry was training in the room of requirement, working on his non-verbal magic, now able to cast most basic spells without saying them. He heard the door open; it was Remus.

"Remus! great to see you; how are you?" Harry said, hugging Remus.

"I'm alright, Harry, how's your training going?" Remus said happily.

"It's good, but me and 'Mione are no closer to finding the Horcruxes," Harry said, sounding slightly defeated.

"Ah, yes, Dumbledore told me about your hunt; he also told me about the note hidden inside the fake locket, mind if I read it?" Remus questioned.

"Yeah, let me grab it out of my bag," Harry said, walking out of the room and making his way to the Gryffindor common room. Once he got the locket, he passed it to Remus. As he read the note, his eyes widened in shock.

"Oh, my," Was all Remus could croak out; Harry raised an eyebrow at this.

"What is it, Moony?" Harry questioned.

"Harry, the person that wrote this, was Regulus Black," Remus said, Harry's eyes widening as he did. Sirius had told him about his younger brother just last year, how he was a death eater, how he aspired to be like Voldemort. He was horrid.

"So, Regulus may have destroyed the locket?" Harry said, sounding somewhat confused.

"Yes, but I think you should go to Grimmauld Place and search around, just to make sure," Remus said. Harry agreed that Hermione and Remus would go to Grimmauld Place to search for the locket.

Harry told Hermione of the idea, and she was up for it; they planned to set off later that afternoon, after some last-minute training with Remus; he wanted to practice some defensive spells with Hermione.

"Okay, let's try the shield charm. I want to see what happens with our powers," Harry said; Hermione nodded in reply.

"Protego" They shouted, and a bubble formed around them and sunk into their skin.

"Okay, that felt weird, Remus, fire off some light spells at us, if you please," Hermione said, not forgetting to be polite.

"Are you sure? I don't want to hurt you two," Remus said apprehensively.

"Yes, we're sure," Harry replied. Slowly Remus raised his wand and started to fire spell after spell at the pair.

Rictusempra, The spell simply bounced off the pair; Remus' eyes widened at this, he kicked it up a notch.

Stupefy, again, the spell bounced off; none of them could believe it.

"Try Sectumsempra," Harry said. To Hermione's surprise, she was worried, but she trusted him.

"If you insist, I'm sorry in advance," Remus said; he knew he couldn't argue with Harry. He'd always been stubborn, just like Lily.

Sectumsempra, Remus closed his eyes; when he opened them, he found Harry and Hermione completely fine, not torn to shreds as he had assumed. They both had shocked looks on their faces.